Is there a cheat sheet for all the acronyms, and is it so hard to spell out words anymore?

Has anyone put together a cheat sheet for all the abbreviations used in the forums?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

Is it so hard to spell out words anymore? No, not if you are a quick typist and on a computer. Yes if you’re a 43 year old woman who’s thumbs turn into uncontrollable sticks when she tries to type anything out on a tiny cell phone.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

And than their is the auto-correct to contend with. I fiend I have to type each word, than stop and look at it to make sure it came out rite, and even than, when Ive gone on another for or five words, the soft wear will have changed it. Im loosing my mined. If I cant be on my desktop computer, with its fool-sized actual keyboard, your going to sea lots of acronyms. Of coarse, auto-carrot is going to mass with them, too . . . :grin:

Meanwhile I’m just saying I’ll be damned if I ever type out “laughing out loud” instead of lol

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

ROTFLMAO!

(Daisy) #7

I will glare angrily at you in your sleep for this.

(Cindy) #8

Stop it, Paul. Just stop. That was mean. :wink:

“Is it so hard to spell out words anymore?”

Talking in acronyms is the ‘secret handshake’ of being in this super cool Keto Club, ya dig? :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

As opposed to the actual secret handshake that we use at the rituals, of course . . . :grin:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #11

Hey you’ve been leaving me out again nobody taught me the secret handshake:joy::joy::rofl::joy:

:rofl: This autocorrect mayhem made my day. Thanks @PaulL

(Full Metal KETO AF) #16

Sometimes I spend more time going over and fixing autocorrect errors than I did actually typing my post. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #17

It is like fight club - we never know where the fight is. We don’t speak about it.

(Bob M) #18

And if you have an Android phone where you swipe instead of type, it has a tendency to put words it thinks you want to say instead of words you actually do want say.

I feel your pain, though, as I hate acronyms. If I’m on a computer, I don’t use them or I define them, unless everyone is using them. Sometimes on a phone, it’s easier to say OMAD instead of one meal a day.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #19

Lol sounds like a question my crotchety 70 year old dad would ask–and has! Did you walk 19 miles uphill in the snow to school , with newspapers for shoes?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #20

Hey I’m 65yo and a dad. LOL

(Little Miss Scare-All) #21

But are you crotchety? Or should I say BAYC??

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #22

I am tonight because a web server migration is not going so well. But not normally.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #23

Tech misbehaviors have a special way of being annoying, dont they? I finally fixed a server export problem at work that was plaguing me for months, so to a lesser degree I understand your crotchetiness!