Is it safe to take Exogenous Ketones everyday?

(Chris) #23

You are correct, when YOU eat all that you are for sure getting all the MCT’s, but for ME I dont eat as much as you as previously stated, so I put some in my coffee to get the benefits that im not getting from everything else everyday, only once in a while will I eat like you because like I said sometimes I makes me sick to think about eating, so I dont eat until im hungry, But I have been putting the MCT oil in my coffee and It makes me feel good.

(Chris) #24

Lol

(Michelle) #25

Same reason I take MCT. It’s flavorless and just fat. I could just as easily have a little butter or coconut oil, but I don’t want the flavor. If I eat a slice of bacon it adds protein that I don’t really want because of the insulin spike. MCT just kills that hunger and keeps me from obsessing over food.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

Like the likes o’ you? O’ course! :+1:

(Chris) #27

Exactly the same for me

We all get to to do what we want so all good reasons, I personally do not trust it. Reminds me of the hydrogenated veggie oil story

(Chris) #29

I need to look that story up, I never heard about that. I didn’t trust it either, but was a sucker I guess into “how good it is for you” and “all the health benefits” they tell you it has. I dont take medicine, I believe everything man kind touches to try to cure something or “help you get by” is FAR worse the herbs. But that’s just me, and go figure I end up buying a bottle lol. I dont think im ever going to take it again.

(Jonathan Brady) #30

Article/advertisement for exogenous ketones explaining why one might want to use them and when one might not. https://www.ketovale.com/exogenous-ketones-reviews/
ironically it starts off talking about how you shouldn’t trust people marketing exogenous ketones because they are trying to make money and then the end of the article has links to tons of different kinds of exogenous ketones. Doesn’t mean the information is wrong but it doesn’t shine the brightest light on it.

All that said, I posted this today that I’d like some feedback on if anyone is willing: Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate free acid VERSUS beta-hydroxybutyrate

(Kaiden) #31

By way of perspective, they’re probably healthier, and perhaps less expensive, than a can or three of Monster or Rockstar every day.

Pick battles that are big enough to matter, but small enough to win.

(Bunny) #32

Just received this in my email, new from Dr. Attia:

”…My experience with exogenous ketones
Theory to anecdote: I decided to find out for myself if ketones could, indeed, offer up the same amount of usable energy with less oxygen consumption. …” - Dr. Peter Attia …More

(Alec) #33

Bunny
That is interesting… maybe I’m wrong (I frequently am!!). The below is from Peter Attia’s article that you linked. It essentially says that in his n=1 he used 6% less oxygen to perform the same task after ingesting BHB vs a fasted effort. Now 6% doesn’t sound like much but in the running/cycling world, that is a LOT!!

I might try it!!

(Bunny) #34

Reminds of the old Shamanic way of using a diabetics urine (ketoacidosis) and heating it into a black tar like paste (exogenous ketones). Diabetes was so rare, I am sure it was a prized commodity but they (Native American et al.) also used the urine of certain animals ages ago back in that time frame also…

After giving it to warrior, hunters etc; probably accounts for their super-human-feats (less oxygen needed rather than pre-deluge hyper-oxygenation) a good definition is that of the e.g. Nordic, Mongolian berserker warriors

Not only that, the human body gets more oxygen from simply cutting down the sugar intake!

(Robert C) #35

WELL?!?! Did anyone say it yet?

It is not safe for your wallet!

(Chris) #36

Yeah I must say, it’s pretty rough on the wallet. $33 on Ebay was cheapest I could find, lasts only a couple days if you take the recommended dose to :sob:

(Stacy Blanchard) #37

They are helpful in the control of seizures. If you want to learn in depth the various ways they are used Dr. Dominic D’Agostino is the man for the job.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #38

So they are only really helpful for people who experience seizures? No other benefits?
I’ll take a look thanks :slight_smile:

(Stacy Blanchard) #39

I don’t know that they are “only” helpful for that but that is one very good reason someone might want to use them. I have a disabled daughter that has epilepsy and I am interested in how exogenous ketones could help her be med and seizure free.

(Sarah Bruhn) #40

That makes a lot of sense, I would think exogenous ketones may be useful for all sorts of neurological issues. Can’t see any reason to add them when you can make them for most people, possibly useful for athletes.

Dr Berry just posted this video on exogenous ketones:

(Chris) #42

Thank you Kevin, Very informative.