Is eating a waste of time?

conversationstarters

(Trudy) #1

I’m on holiday with my non Keto hubby and daughter. My day starts with them having toast, I have my black coffee(as usual). 11.30am, they need a stop, a meat pie or sausage roll, I have my black coffee(as usual)…off we go again until 3.30pm-ish when we stop for another re fuelling of chips…I have a drink of water but am planning my lovely dinner. Imagine if my family were Keto, the time we could save and distance we could cover. I’ve really noticed how much they eat compared to me (quantity not kilojoules comparison), they state they are hungry ALL the time. Keto almost two years and my norm is TMAD or OMAD depending on appetite. When I eat, I eat :rofl:

(Susan) #2

This is very awesome, Trudy =). Are you in Maintenance?

I do TMAD 20:4 IF. I have lost 55 pounds since February, with another 100+ to go. I agree that my family is like yours, always eating, always hungry.

Keto for the win!!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

Excellent observation, Trudy! On the road of life the pit stop is not the destination. I don’t understand the obsession with food of so many people. :face_with_monocle:

(Trudy) #4

Yes Susan, I am maintenance but have gained 2 or 3kg recently. No doubt I will find another couple of kg in December but will KCKO…best WOE ever. I lost 47kg (around 100 pounds) in less than a year but maintenance has always been tough with my past weight loss measures. This WOE suits me.

(Susan) #5

That is terrific =). I was 293, I am now just a tad under 238 with a goal of about 130 or less =). I will see how I look and feel at 130 when I get there over time. I am fully prepared for this to take a while, as it is working, at a slow and steady pace and I plan to do Keto for life so all good =).

(Katie) #6

Time and money.

I love your post!!! I can so relate!!!

I am carnivore only in the family and the others eat whatever. Kid is kinda a ‘wanna be low carber’ and learning but is a kid and tends to still eat it all LOL

Same. Absolute same type of day for me. I start my sight seeing type vacation day with sausage/bacon/or a ribeye and then you can’t stop me at all. But oh yea we stop, for snacks, bakery, real lunch foods, more junk and it drives me bonkers to say the least of it :slight_smile:

It takes me a long time to imagine dinner like you said, and when I do I eat. They order whatever and only eat 1/2 of it and I order my meat and devour it all.

Yes yes yes I can relate to this HAHA
So funny!

Enjoy your holiday!!!

(Windmill Tilter) #8

This past spring when I lost 45lbs, I was only eating 12 days a month (3 Fast:2 Feast).

It was definitely a time saver. It was like getting an extra 40hr work week every month! I figure I usually spend an hour per meal between grocery shopping, cooking, and eating. Skipping 54 meals saves a lot of time. :yum: