Insulin index and insulin triggering foods

(Ida) #21

Wonderful!!! Thank you so much cywgdave!! I really appreciate this <3 The episode is now saved in my pod and I have you to thank for that. I remember hearing it, but so nice to hear again. Always an inspiration. I shall check out the books as well, I have many scientific books such as Thomas Seyfrieds work but these may be a more delightful read.

I am a member to the DietDoctor.com site so I will check her out now as you say. Thank you ever so much for your kind reply to my question.

Kind regards/ Ida

(Ida) #22

Hmmm… Interesting! Yes, I agree that it is a superfood. Before my strikt diet I did consume wheatgrass regularly, however, now the relatively high content of carbohydrate (approximately 38g/100g) tells me this will trigger insulin… But as one can see from several studies, foods containing carbs may have a low insulin impact and foods not containing any carbs may have a great insulin impact, thus, only trail an error can tell. I will try thanks to YOU :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the information. Yes, broccoli is a daily must on my plate and is a superb “fat-delivery-veg” as it suck a lot of fat when being fried a longer time on a low-medium heat pan. Really delicious!

Perfect with all the links to back up your point of view. Thank you!!

(Alec) #23

Ida
I was wondering whether you have found a good source of insulin response data? If you did, could you post it on this forum? I am also really interested in that. I saw the Sydney Uni research, but was looking for something more exhaustive including natural fruit, veg, meat, and fish.

Hope you are going well on your keto diet.
Cheers
Alec