I'm stuck...HELP!

Hi All, I’ve been on KETO for 1 month and 6 days. I’ve lost 28lbs, but the first 24lbs came in the first two weeks. For the past 3 weeks I’ve only lost around 4 lbs. My KETO Mojo says my Ketone Level is 2.9, my blood glucose came back at 81 on a fasting state. I’m doing less than 20g of carbs a day. What am I doing wrong?

This is a typical day for me. I have breakfast, skip lunch and have an early dinner.

How many calories, and how heavy/tall are you?

(Ellie) #4

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong!
Congrats on the great weight loss so far.
The first couple of weeks tend to be the most significant and then it stabilises a bit.
Sometimes weights go up and sometimes they go down. It is rarely a reflection of anything more than natural variations. It is the overall trend that matters.
Just keep going and have patience. You didn’t put all the weight on in a few weeks and it won’t come off in a few weeks either.

(Brian) #5

A pound a week is over 50 pounds a year!

You didn’t put it on in a week or a month. Don’t expect it to come off in a week or a month.

You’re doing just fine. Keto on.

I started at 6’0 - 366lbs (w/clothes) -Aug 25

I’m now 336.6 (w/o clothes) - today

(Amy Ramadan) #7

Agreed… Just keep doing what you are doing!! Look how far you have come in such a short time!! Embrace the new WOE, trust the process and consider the fact that a slower weight loss is healthier and more likely to be long lasting!! Good luck, sounds like you are doing great!! Also, maybe don’t focus quite so much On the number on the scale, but more on non scale victories!!!

(Cathy) #8

Javielo, I believe it is best to look at the big picture and for you, at this point, you have lost about 29lbs. in 2 months. That averages out to an amazing almost half a lb. per day and more than 3lbs. per week. Most people would be overjoyed for that kind of weight loss. Clearly, it will not continue to be so amazing and you are experiencing the very common weight loss pause that many many people have.

Stick to what you are doing and if you have lost no lbs. or inches (at all) in 4 to 6 weeks, then begin to tweak with one change per week. I

My bet is that you will continue to lose without making changes and it will be at a more modest pace. This is a lifetime commitment so consider those times of no or slow weight loss as practice for maintenance.

Congrats on your success!!!

Am I reading your img correctly…30g of carbs a day?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Absolutely nothing. Keep calm, and keto on; you’re fine.

(John A Buckwalter) #11

I’m a very slow loser. I live on less than 20 g of carbs A-day, practice intermittent fasting and work out once A-day for an hour at a very high intensity. I stay away from the scale it’s a small number on a small machine that can ruin your day and sabotage your efforts. Also the frustration caused by this meaningless number can cause a cortisol Spike How do your clothes feel? Do you have more energy? Focus on the small victories. If you’re like me you’re in for the battle of your life but it is a battle for your life. as Nemo says just keep swimming