I'm losing weight again after a 1.5 year stall

(Candice Hilliard) #41

Megan Ramos ((Dr. Fungs clinical director) employs alternate day (and longer) fasting for her obese clients and she recommends more feasting AND more fasting to break a plateau.

She says she recommends increasing caloric intake on feast days to keep metabolism up on fasting days. (I’ve been on a Megan Ramos binge lately. :blush:)

If you eat 2000-3000 calories on feast days you will burn that amount on fast days. Still averaging 1000-1500 per day, never hungry. In fact, I’m still uncomfortably full from a Keto Chipotle incident last night.

As a binger, this is helping me through my plateau. Fewer, heavier eating occasions = better outcomes.

(Candice) #42

Cool! WTH have I done to my profile? :joy::joy::joy:

(Diane) #43

@Brenda can you help @Westie_Madness?

(Candice) #44

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #45

I haven’t done exactly as you have done, but kind of started something similar. (Let’s see if I can continue). I’ve used lamb rather than pork, as I prefer it, and used shoulder of lamb as it’s a fatty joint. Definitely saw some improvement on the weight, and will just have to try to carry on.

Personally, I think I could live like this all the time, but I get funny looks from my wife :slight_smile: who although not a vegetarian, does not like meat to anything like the same extent…plus she loves her spuds and bread. :frowning:

(Candice) #46

I can’t “like” anymore.
:tired_face:

(Diane) #47

You get a certain number per day (maybe 50?). You may have used them up for the day.

(Candice) #48

I haven’t been able to do it at all for two days.

(Doug) #49

Something is indeed wrong then, Candice. An administrator needs to look at your account. Have you made any gremlins mad at you lately? :wink:

This is Rocky.

(Candice) #50

Doug!!!

Rocky looks like my Max(passed in 2010):heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I don’t think anyone’s aware of my presence!!

I was able to like before messing around with my username (it was my full name at first. :joy:)

(Doug) #51

Candice, there’s a post that describes the trust levels for the forum. You get more ‘likes’ as you “level up,” and you’re now listed as a Basic User, not just a Visitor. Your likes should never have been at zero, as far as I know, though, and should have increased in number at ‘Basic User.’

You might have reset your account to zero, in effect, by changing your user name, but there should be some likes there, no matter what, as far as I know.

(Richard Morris) #52

I upgraded your level. Hope that helps.

(Candice) #53

THANK YOU! Still no likes😩

(Candice) #54

No likes again today.
But I love two Keto dudes!!

I’m bingeing on your podcast!!

(Victoria Mc Coy) #55

I participate in the IDM program and the first advice I received from my coach was to get off OMAD. The body adapts to the pattern, and it’s too much like conventional calorie restriction unless you eat enormous meals apparently. Anyway, it worked for me to switch to eating two meals and bump up my food intake on eating days - no more stall. Good luck!

Question About Fullness I Haven't Found An Answer To Yet
(Central Florida Bob ) #56

Thanks for the input. I was following Carl’s method because it worked for him. While it’s hard to tell, it seems to be working for me.

If I’m going to have 1g of protein/kg of lean body mass, that turns into one enormous meal/day.

(Candy Lind) #57

I had to struggle not to wake my hubby with a loud guffaw on that one! :rofl: :clap: :+1:

(Candice) #58

:joy::joy::joy:

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #59

Well @carl, I too have been effectively stalled over the last year or so and 'have been hovering in the 290’s all that time. I followed your lead about two weeks after you and shifted to a one-(really fatty)-meal-a-day regime. 5 lbs came off in the 2nd week and another 5 in the week after. Then another 5 over the last week and today I hit 278lbs.
Is my stall truly over? I don’t know. It feels like it though.

I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration.

(Chasity Hedges) #60

how did you cook your pork belly? And what did you eat with it?