I'm getting discouraged

(Carl Keller) #21

This was definitely true for me. I reached a healthy weight bracket six weeks ago and decided to just eat intuitively and not worry about the ten or so remaining pounds of belly fat on me. I’ve lost about three pounds of it which works out to about 8 ounces per week.

I don’t mind a little pinch of pudge that I can easily hide with a shirt since it’s nothing compared to trying to conceal a basketball like I used to.

(Lorena) #22

Good morning! I’m using my original thread from last week so not to clog up the message board with new topics.

This week I cut the cheese (haha) and upped the calories. I’m posting my weekly grams etc as well as what I ate for the week. Without really trying my % look good, I think.

I’m starting to sound like a broken record. I am enjoying not being bloated but what I cannot understand is that nothing else has changed. Jeans are just as tight, scale is up/down. I looked back on my Lose It app and since June of 2013 I am up 22 lbs. I’m not even asking to lose all that. I’d be happy with 10. Is it possible that I’m eating too much fat for my body? I’ve been eating Keto since Jan 20. I don’t want to give up! I just bought a 1/2 gal of HWC! Hahaha

Everyone here has been so supportive and has offered advice. I am not sure what else there is to say but to keep at it. Is there anyone out there who this has happened to?

(Lorena) #23

@MommyJill2005
Would you mind taking a look at my days below? I would appreciate some feedback very much.
Thanks!

(Jill F.) #24

It looks good to me overall but just looks like a lot of the same things over and over. I think maybe you could try to do some intermittent fasting and only eat in a 6 to 8 hour window and see how that goes. I started losing a lot once I started that and it greatly reduced my appetite.

I stick with rib eye or filet for dinner, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with butter, cheese, beef jerky for snacks or lunch, and MCT powder with splenda in coffee in am. I am occasionally eating breakfast maybe 2 days a week, usually eggs and bacon.

I see you eating a lot of lettuce and avocados, maybe try to change up your veggies and see what happens? Maybe try things like sauteing spinach or asparagus with olive oil baked in oven and cut out lettuce and dressing as the lettuce has little nutritional value and the dressing has carbs. I eat ranch dressing 1x a week on salad with lettuce, cheese, cucumbers, nothing red or orange no tomatoes.

What I am doing is working for me, but it may not work for everyone. I hope some of these changes will help!

(Lorena) #25

Hi, and thank you. I know that I can get pretty repetitive with the food. I do enjoy the broccoli and feel it keeps me regular. It seems as if I am having to cut certain foods out and the food choices are getting narrower and narrower. I know it’s a learning process to find what works for me but it’s hard not to get discouraged.

As far as IF, I think I am. We usually eat dinner around 6 and I am not eating until 9 or sometimes 10 the next morning so that’s at least 15 hours. I can try to push it till noon.

I think I’m going to cut my quantity down. I’ve been trying to get so much fat in and I think it may be hindering me. I don’t know anymore.

Anyway, thanks for answering!