If you haven't read Body by Science, you're missing out!

(Deb) #1

Even if you don’t strength train, there is some seriously great science in this book and I juat started it. Highly recommended!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Thanks. I love recommendations.

(Diane) #3

Just bought this book for kindle! I’ve only read the introduction so far.

Over the past year and a half, I’ve become highly suspicious that my chronic fatigue (often referred to as- or associated with- myalgic encephalomyelitis or fibromyalgia) is a result of mitochondrial dysfunction. I have seen a dramatic improvement in some of my symptoms as a result of eating ketogenically since September 2017 (decreased mental fog, some improvement in short term memory and a resolution/ control of my depression, as well as some improvement in my inflammatory markers). However, I haven’t seen a similar improvement in my levels of fatigue or excercise tolerance. Although I’m aware that it took me many years (possibly decades of eating a SAD to reach my current level of metabolic derangement) I’m very interested to see if this approach can offer me some hope for improving my mitochondrial function and allowing me to return to a more normal life.

(Mark Rhodes) #4

Worked with this book last year and commented in June and December. Body By Science
You’ll find lots of useful information on how it helped and how it didn’t in this and other links.

Basically for me in my extensive home gym I still find it hard to lift at 90% of 1 rep max for safety reasons. SO I don’t. I did incorporate his rest protocols and some other things when possible to great effect. I’m still using what the authors have to say.

(Diane) #5

Thanks for the link!