If my macros are correct

(Linda D) #1

Not familiar with how to ask questions. Want to know if my macros are correct.

Just ask, to answer that we’d have to know all your stats, what your goals are and what you’ve come up with for macros.

(Allie) #3

You’d need to give more info for anyone to be able to advise… ?

Macros, weight, height, activity levels?

Give us important infos and we will say different things :slight_smile:
I can say my part to some extent: It’s individual, even with your stats and goals there are no fixed ideal macros. There are personal factors and very different macros may work for the same person. We don’t even need the same macros every day, I never could do that. And many people don’t even care about
macros, just eat proper food and it works for them. But others need to track and tweak things.

Little carbs, enough protein, enough calories are needed but what these mean exactly… That’s where your data come to play, they help a bit… But you need to figure out what works for you, in the end.

(Jane) #5

And your macros are… ???

(Linda D) #6

Hi Janie:

Thank you so much for replying. My macros were from when I weighed 200 lbs., They were 103, 63, 20. I now weigh 180. When I go into the macrocalculators on different sites, they are so very different; some have my proteins higher; i.e., 92, 99, 20. I am
72 years old and 5’ 4" tall. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide me.

(Linda D) #7

Hi Allie:

Thanks for getting back to me. I am 72 years old, 5’ 4", I now weigh 180, my goal is 160. When I weighed 200 lbs, my numbers were: 103, 63, 20. Now that I’ve lost 20 lbs , should my numbers change. When I go into macro calculators on different sites, I
get numbers that are so very different. One site is 92, 99, 20. I don’t know what to do now. I’ve been the same weight for 2 weeks now. I usually eat 2 regular meals a day with a snack in between. Yesterday I had 2 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of bacon,
mushrooms and spinach cooked in 1 Tbsp butter. For dinner I had 1 hot sausage, 1 home made meatball that I made with pork rinds and a very large salad with oil and red wine vinegar. I had a fat bomb after dinner to make my numbers. If you need anything
else, I would be happy to provide it. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Unless you have problems with more protein (it happens with some people), it’s fine to have some more. Or twice as more in my case but I just can’t eat even less protein and never had any problems with it. But 60g works better for some people. It is quite low but it’s tricky to say how much protein someone actually requires…

Some people recalculate macros, some doesn’t even track them… If you lose fat just fine, you don’t need to eat less. Ideally you just eat to satiaty and lose but of course it’s not that easy for everyone.
It’s very individual if more fat or more protein works better. Or if it doesn’t matter as long as the protein is enough (and the fat is the right type in some cases if satiation is problem but it seems it isn’t for you)…
Calculators have no idea about your needs. They guess something.

Your food sounds fine, if you feel right and you get your results, it’s okay to have your own personal numbers. Just get enough protein and nutrients but it’s easy with good food and not tiny amounts.

(Linda D) #9

Hi Shinita:

Thanks for your response. I started KETO a while ago weighing 200 lbs., 5’ 4" tall, 72 years old, light activity. At that time, my numbers were 103, 63, 20 with 1400+ calories. I lost 20 lbs over a couple of months. Now, at 180 lbs, I have been the same
weight for 2 weeks. When I tried to recalculate my macros (and I don’t know if I’m supposed to but I wasn’t losing weight) they came in at 92, 99, 20 (proteins higher than fats). I tried several different sites. I even did it at 200 lbs and the numbers
were very different from my original ones. I don’t know what to do. Someone said to go on Facebook and talk to people, but I’m not on Facebook and don’t know anything about it. I would be happy to supply any other info. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

The most important macro for getting into ketosis is limiting carbohydrate to less than 20 grams/day. Protein should be reasonable (most people can get enough without having to think about it too much), and fat intake should replace the calories lost from limiting carbohydrate. Note that if fat loss is an important goal of yours, limiting calories is a counterproductive strategy. Food should be eaten in a quantity that satisfies the appetite. This may seem like quite a large amount at first, but for most people, as their insulin level drops, their appetite quickly begins to function properly as a guide to the quantity of food to eat.

(Linda D) #11

Good Morning Shinita:

I got my measurements from a macro calculator, but I’m still not losing weight. I count and measure everything. Is it important to eat snacks. I don’t eat anything sweet (Keto sweet) and usually 2 meals a day with a piece of cheese in between. I don’t know
what I’m doing wrong. If you have time, maybe you can talk about your success. Thank you, Linda

I would be a bit more patient. It’s normal not to lose weight for weeks even if it went well before. I have no better idea at this point.