Iced Coffee with Coconut Oil

(Dana Brown) #1

How can I make a nice big “Iced” Keto Coffee with coconut oil? When I use a hand blender or pour between two cups to mix it , the oil curdles big time. Is there a different step I can take to make it blend nicely. I have no problem with hot coffee. It’s hot in Florida and iced coffee is my preference. Any advice?

Coconut oil is solid below 76 degrees, so ya, that’s not gonna work with ice. You could try MCT oil perhaps?

(Dustin Cade) #3

for iced coffee I just use HWC… I do not wish to spend the money for the MCT or liquid coconut oils… I’m cheap

(jketoscribe) #4

Target sells a liquid coconut oil that would work for ice coffee and smoothies. I’m not too sure about it, though. If it’s MCT oil, it’s pretty inexpensive for MCT. So what else is it that keeps it liquid in cold temps???

(Allie) #5

I use MCT oil on cold drinks rather than coconut.

(Linda Culbreth) #6

Store bought liquid coconut oil - don’t know the added things to it or what they have done to it to keep it liquid because natural coconut oil does indeed have a low melting point which means it gets hard. Wonder if ghee would work?.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

I like iced coffee, starting off black and just adding a nice cap of whipped cream on top. YMMV.

(Dana Brown) #8

thanks for all the replies!

(Linda Culbreth) #9

Sounds like a simple solution for the cold coffee. I have been known to add a small splash of vanilla flavoring and a little stevia to my drink.