ICE and heavy whipping cream

Is this OK? I’ve seen it mentioned but not sure if it’ keto friendly.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Ice will dilute the cream a little as it melts, but I can’t imagine that’s a problem.

(Robin) #3

I have had heavy whipping cream in my coffee several times a day while keto and now carnivore. I can’t see why ice would matter. I sometimes make iced coffee with HWC.

Great thanks

hurray

I can’t wrap my head around using heavy whipping cream but tomorrow, yes.

I do mean the drink ICE.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Never heard of it, sorry. ICE is an abbreviation for Immigration and Customs, so I figured you didn’t mean that. And that’s all that came up when I did a search.

I’ll send details.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

This whole thread seemed weird until you mentioned that.

Sparkling Ice is a flavored sparkling water sweetened with sucralose and maltodextrin. Apparently, it’s all the rage on Pinterest to add whipping cream to it and make a keto Italian soda. Could be interesting, lord knows it’s sweet enough.

Yes it is sweet and sparkly. I will try tomorrow just for fun. If anyone thinks it’s bad l’d like to know thanks. It would be like - once a week. I am not overindulgent but it sounds interesting.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #12

I’m just being snarky. Keto’s got my taste buds dialed so far back after cutting out all the sugar that even diet soda tastes like dissolved SweeTarts. You do you, no worries. Let us know what you think.

I get that. I’m going to try it once.
Now that l know that heavy whipping cream and sweetener in coffee is ok that may be quite enough. I’m not normally a sweet tooth at all, just recently a little craving.

(Rebecca ) #14

I wasn’t sure what ICE was either! Now I get it.
I actually will add 1/4 C HWC to a Virgil’s Rootbeer Zero on occasion and have a “float”!
I imagine it would be tasty in your beverage also.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

The maltodextrin would put me off this product. It is sugar, after all, and I have problems with sugar addiction.

Also as @Aqua_chonk says, my taste has changed so much that sweet things taste far to cloying these days. This is actually all to the good, since my drug of choice used to be glazed doughnuts.

I suppose the same effect could be achieved by mixing heavy cream, Seltzer water, and possibly a dash of artificial sweetener, but basically what one ends up with is diluted (and possibly sweetened) heavy cream. It’s okay, but it just doesn’t appeal to me.

(Robin) #16

Ohhhhhh…… never mind. I never heard of ICE. And don’t want those sweeteners.

These floats are still so weird to me, we don’t have those.

I would have problems with both sweeteners and a serious sweetness too and I just don’t eat very processed stuff with a long ingredients list especially not for a drink but that’s me.
Each to their own. I can imagine it’s a good idea for someone. I would only use it if the alternative is worse (like, feeling miserable. or just drinking something with sugar). I like cleaner keto though I am not an extremist about that.

Thanks l appreciate your input.

Thanks

(Wendy) #20

It is really good. Too bad they have to ruin it with sucralose and maltodextrin. I was drinking the Black berry one. Until I had some complications due to the sucralose. And my niece had a bad reaction to it also. Really makes you think to ck all ingredients. Now adays they try to sneak things into foods that say sugar free! For instance. Cool Whip sugar free. Take a look at the ingredients. You might be surprised.
:grimacing: