I was wondering what you thought of this

https://youtube.com/shorts/qjBVu67RKek?feature=share

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

It’s nonsense.

(Joey) #3

If there’s actual evidence to support this silliness, I’d welcome seeing it.
But bold-faced subtitle fonts don’t make for a compelling argument.

EDIT: George Burns lived to be 100. It’s estimated he smoked 300,000 cigars in his life - started smoking at the age of 14. Survival bias is an understandable associative error we often make. That doesn’t make it the basis for expecting longevity.

(Alec) #4

Plant based propaganda with no substantive evidence. Seems to happen a lot these days. I wonder why.

No way the vast majority of centenarian eat plant-based or close… Most people are very much omnivores to begin with and I highly doubt only the vegans live long :smiley: (More like some of them die easier due to the extra knowledge they need to get everything from their diet and a few supplements…?)

But I don’t care anyway. My body surely wouldn’t fully support my plans to live until 130 if I burdened it with carbs all the time :smiley: I wouldn’t even enjoy life enough. So, bad deal.

So, I don’t believe him even in general/statistically but my individual body needs to stay close to carnivore. And I am a hedonist… You can’t just make me eat food I don’t like.

Agreed. There are many who believe there’s an agenda for us to stop eating meat in an effort to limit the population, spreading lies like these.
Mostly everything you watch today is promoting a plant based diet. I was watching Netflix a program called The Game Changers where they’re saying vegan athletes are performing better than those that eat meat. They centrifuged 3 athletes blood separating the plasma and said the meat eaters blood was cloudy whereas the vegan athlete’s was clear. They also claimed they found the Gladiators of the Roman times were vegetarians not meat eaters.

(KM) #7

I sometimes wonder if the whole plant-based diet hype has actually been created by Big Food, which makes a lot more money a lot more easily by selling plant-based products, no matter how perverted from actual plants they are. Adding a glow of spiritual superiority to the whole money making machine is a brilliant touch.

(Bill) #8

You’re exactly right… all the vegan crap comes from cheap to source ingredients.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Certainly, the food manufacturers are invested in things as they are, but one big strand in the web is religion. The vegan movement traces its roots to the Seventh Day Adventists, who believe that eating animal foods stimulates carnal sin. John Harvey Kellogg and his brother were early members of the church and got into the breakfast cereal industry to provide people with an alternative to bacon and eggs for breakfast.

(Arie1985uk ) #10

How did you come across this video, just wondering … ?

I attended a lecture this week on recent findings in human evolution. The guy answered a pro-vegan question by saying something like, “For most of the past 65 million years, our ancestors were vegetarians (true). For the last 1.5 million years, our ancestors mostly ate meat (true). So mostly, we’re vegetarians.”

WTF? What half-assed kind of syllogism is that? So I immediately erased my belief in everything he said before that because I thought “this is an idiot.” To explain further, in case you didn’t catch the logical error, it made precisely as much sense as saying:

1. For most of the last 65 million years, our ancestors had tails
  2. For the last two million years, we haven’t had tails
    Ergo
  3. Most of us alive today have tails.

lmao.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

And dolphins are land mammals, because they and bears share an ancestor, lol! :rofl:

The plant based diet they are pushing on us is designed to kill us. Just like the covid vaccines. They want to limit no actually decrease population growth

Ahhhh, “Whole food plant based”… while excluding a huge whole food group.

Makes sense if you don’t think about it! You can smell the propaganda coming off him a mile away.

Complete BS.

And what about the previous billions of years? :smiley:

Do I care what LUCA ate when I plan my own diet? :thinking:
:rofl:

(KM) #16

I think they laid the groundwork for a lot of the healthier than thou advertising we now see. SDA actually do have a longer average lifespan but who knows what confluence of lifestyle factors affects that, they also don’t smoke, don’t drink, have social support …

(KM) #17

Frankly so do I. But I subscribe to a different conspiracy theory - ‘they’ don’t want to kill us, we’re useless dead. But sick and staggering along, we’re wonderful distracted cash cows.