I was sorely tempted by carbs last night but I prevailed!

It’s been a stressful week.

Last week I got down to my lowest weight in 8 years, 189.6. The scales immediately jumped back up and I’ve been hovering around 192 for over a week.

And family stuff has been draining. My dad’s going through a rough patch, and I had to drive to his city to give him some cash Monday. Then his car broke down so he needs more money. And since his car is in the shop, he’s not going to make it to any of the FIVE games my kid is playing in this weekend. FIVE. I don’t know if I’ll even survive that, and my dad is pretty devastated about not making it. So I’m trying to work out something to get him there, and either way you cut it that’s going to make my weekend even crazier.

Plus it’s fall tax season and I’m a CPA. I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel workload-wise, and then another 27 hours of work landed on my desk. :grimacing:

So I was venting to my husband yesterday and he suggested I take the evening for myself. Either go out or hide in the bedroom and let him take care of the kid stuff. Yes, he’s awesome. Except my mind immediately went “TIME FOR A CARB BINGE!”

I asked him to tell me I could not go on a carb binge. He said, “I’m not going to tell you what you can and can’t do.” But he went on to remind me how shitty I would feel, both physically and mentally, if I went on a carb binge. And how worried I’ve been that if I give in to carbs I won’t be able to stop.

So instead I locked myself in the bedroom with Miss Congeniality 2 and gave myself permission to eat as much keto food as I wanted. I had a bowl of the spicy shredded chicken he made, and then a plate of bacon that he cooked just for me. Then a huge salad with tomato, fresh mozzarella, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Then a small handful of macadamia nuts. And finally some lily’s chocolate.

It felt so good to indulge in a keto way, and not feel shitty afterwards. Mad props to my husband for basically being the best ever. And, I woke up this morning at 189.2!! Even lower than my fleeting lowest weight last week! Staying keto ended up being INFINITELY more satisfying than a carb binge could possibly have been.

I love how, when you’re eating keto, this sounds so much better than cookies, chips, ice cream, etc. Feeling like your indulging but still eating healthy. That sounds like one for the Keto Complaint Department to me. :wink:

I love that you lost weight, after indulging in all that keto friendly food! There’s not keto hangover. Plus, locking yourself away, and giving yourself permission to eat all that keto food, probably helped reduce the stress, which also helps with weight loss. Good job!

@Rachelg thanks for sharing this wonderful story. I know others will be encouraged by it too!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(less is more, more or less) #3

So much win in this. Thank you for sharing.

(Candy Lind) #4

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
:+1: :muscle:

Now, if the cortisol (yeah, you’ve got some) causes you to bounce back up a bit, don’t sweat it. Control what you can, don’t sweat what you can’t, and FEAST occasionally! KCKO.

You’re absolutely right about cortisol. I’ve been trying to remain very mindful about stress and managing those stress levels.

(Running from stupidity) #6

This is #sensiblehusbanding101 :metal: