I usually hate pictures of myself and dressing up because of how bad I look

(Seth Rue) #1

But I really like this photo. And after losing weight I am able to buy clothes that I feel make me look nicer. I had never found a cardigan I could fit.

Fit into new dress shirts that were too small when i bought them
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #2

You look happy too!

BONUS

(Seth Rue) #3

Man it feels strange to just run into your name after listening to podcasts for so long. And yes I am smiling in that photo because I was proud to take it. It felt so nice to look professional for work.

awesome, great job too
nice to be happy aint it

(Seth Rue) #5

it really is, and the fact that keto brings about a clarity. usually when i get a compliment on my looks I cant believe it, but people told me I looked nice and when i looked at myself I saw what they saw, and I had to take a picture. It will be a good reminder for me the next time I dont like myself.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

Me? I’m on podcasts? Where? I should listen. Lol

Hey, check out THIS topic. I don’t know where you are in your keto journey, but maybe you can participate in this someday.

or maybe now!

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/centurians-people-who-have-lost-more-that-100-lbs/27482/36?u=brenda

(Seth Rue) #7

I have read through that. Not quite sure if I qualify. I was at 490 in April, and cut out alchohol and some other things like pop and dessert. I dropped to 445, then in November I started Keto and weighed in at 399 today. So Im almost at 100, but its not all Keto.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

CLOSE ENOUGH!
POST IT DUDE!
(if you want to)

(Cheryl) #9

Seth, I love everything about this post!!! I think it is so important to celebrate all throughout our journeys to better health. It isn’t just about the weight loss, it is feeling better about ourselves and celebrating all those good feelings too. Congratulations to you for all that you have accomplished. This is a great picture! You look happy, professional, and just good! Keep up the good work!

(Seth Rue) #10

I agree Mindset is a big thing to consider. I actually posted in another group I am in about how I just made it to 399. My post started off about how it wasn’t usually something to celebrate, my weight starting with a 3. The group reminded me that I was looking at this wrong. I shouldn’t focus on how high 399 is, but I should think about the 91 or more pounds I lost to get to that point. So while I have some new mental aspects. like actually liking how I look. I still need too improve my mindset. It felt guilty to celebrate my high weight, but that’s because I was thinking about it wrong, but wonderful people like you help me too look at my journey with clearer eyes.