I used up all my likes!

Hmmm… I know I’m a newbie, but if anyone’s tallying, I don’t like not being able to like a lot. Don’t quite agree that too many likes diminishes their meaning. This ol’ world’s mean enough as it is… :wink:

(Jessica) #22

It is! Positivity won’t hurt no one.

And if there has to be a limit, then why couldn’t old used up likes expire, so you can spread new likes to more recent posts.
Imagine the forum in one year: heartless place.

(eat more) #23

nah…the more time you’re here and the more you contribute (trust level) the bigger like allowance you get…we can sprinkle that shit everywhere…and there will be more of us and we’ll be one big healthy positive heart :smiley: :heart:

At the very least, it would be nice if @discourse at least showed the number of likes used and available in the profile Summary.

(eat more) #25

i think we are just overachievers :blush:

(eat more) #26

i think i just used up most of my likes in the “what did you eat today?” thread :joy:

According to @Brenda, I’m a “serial liker”, but actually I’m a “cereal killer”, even though I’m almost out of likes again today. :cry:

I really hate this dialog box!

It…
must…
be…
destroyed! :smiling_imp:

I’m very happy I stumbled upon this thread - :grin: newbie alert here!!! and as is characteristic of newbies :wink: I am already finding myself liking almost every post I read so now I know the likes are precious commodities :smirk:I think I’m gonna treat them like carbs and only limit them to less than 20 per day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When does the like counter reset? When I wake up in the morning I usually get told I’m out of likes for the day for a little while

(Rob) #30

I don’t know for sure but from my experience it seems to be a rolling 24 hr counter.

e.g. if you spend 2 hrs liking things and run out, you might have 22hrs to wait and you might be restricted for the next 2 hrs as it remembers the likes you gave 24 hrs ago.

I got messages like you have to wait 7 minutes, then 52 minutes, then 2 hrs etc. looking like it was just rolling 24 hrs measure.

(Darlene Horsley) #31

That’s just ridicridiculous imho!

(Tina Emmons) #32

I’m new and it hasn’t happened to me yet as I’m just meandering mostly so far but I would have appreciated being notified that this was going to happen!

(Rob) #33

Like someone showed earlier, it warns you when you have a few left and if you haven’t dumped them all in a very short time, you won’t be without likes for more than a few minutes.

(Tina Emmons) #34

Well I’m certainly not going to “like” that! LOL

(Doug) #35

It’s ok you’ll be ok bb

(Rob) #37

What are you going to do with all that time?

(Candice) #38

:heart:

(Candice) #39

I have no likes!! It’s been two days!!:weary::weary::weary:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #40

When you’ve supposedly run out of likes, and you like something anyway, the system appears to accept it. Is it lying, or does the like go away when I’m not looking, or something?

There is an inconsistency here that Discourse might want to address. The robot encourages you to like posts, and says to spread the love, but I don’t recall mention of saving likes for the really important posts.