I survived

(Jessica) #1

Thanksgiving, that is. Anybody else?

We had so much good food and surprisingly, mostly keto friendly. I still had a small serving of dressing, a sweet potato wedge, and a 1\2 slice each buttermilk and pecan pie. Totally worth it. I am back on strict plan now, even for left-overs.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

My sister and I made plenty of keto food, in addition to the carbs for the sugar-burners. Compared to other years, I hardly had any food at all. But I ate to satiety and am good till sometime tomorrow, if not Saturday.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

Mostly keto. Had blackberries and sugar free whipped cream is my slight carb cheat.

I’m not stuffed for the first time after thanksgiving like ever.

(Misty Torrey) #4

I took a keto side and sugar free desserts with me to both of my events. I stuck to my plan to enjoy the day and the food but not eat keto no nose. It felt enpowering!

(John) #5

My wife and I ate a full but fully keto-friendly meal. I may have gone a little overboard on the side dishes, but I walked 3 miles today before dinner so that might make up for it.

We had:

• Roasted chicken
  • Mashed orange cauliflower made with butter, cream cheese, and asiago cheese
  • Roasted brussels sprouts with shallots and bacon
  • Roasted rosemary and olive oil radishes

No dessert! No second helpings!

I am finishing up a modest portion of after-dinner bourbon, and my wife had a glass of red wine with her meal.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #6

We did crack open a 21 year old french red wine that had not been stored to standard. But all in all it was pretty good. Better than the $10us wine I normally drink.

I think fasting in my future.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7

I tried some home made mashed potatoes and they weren’t tasty. Same with the bite of stuffing.

My future daughter in law brought sausage/cheese tex mex type of dip to eat with chips and I dumped that keto friendly delight on top of my turkey breast and that was delish!

I had a thin piece of apple pie. Again, dunno if it was mental or trained taste buds, but not the pure ecstasy I thought it would be. Only my second cheat in 8 weeks and I’m feeling great about getting back on the wagon tomorrow!

(Candy Lind) #8

Me, neither! [fist pump] We are going to have a LOT of leftovers … :heart_eyes:

(Jessica) #9

I guess I should add what “good stuff” I did have. We had both smoked turkey and chicken, roasted butternut squash and brussel sprouts, a spinach salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. I left cream potatoes, broccoli cheese and rice, and Mac and cheese alone.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #10

I’m going to have to freeze lots of smoked turkey leg meat and prime rib. This is only the 2nd time I have cooked prime rib. This is a reverse sear rib roast:

I’ll be knawing on one of the bones tomorrow.

Have fork, will travel! :smile: … That looks very tasty, Eric! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! :wink:

We had a great time with some friends and ate some good foods. (Posted in ‘What did you Keto today’) so won’t re-post everything here. But it was all very good.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #12

We had only one friend of my youngest who are both women studying engineering at college. Lots of laughs, smiles and thanks.

I too am glad that our friends here seemed to have survived and enjoyed Thanksgiving.

(Janelle) #13

We had turkey, creamed spinach, cauliflower mash, brussel sprouts and keto pumpkin cheesecake. Can’t say I ate any more than a normal keto meal. It really didn’t feel like it was a holiday meal at all but then, life isn’t all about food, as it used to be. We made the in-laws happy by spending time with them and played a couple of mean games of Yahtzee.

(Karen Parrott) #14

Yes! Brisket, simple salad, pumpkin seeds and eletrolytes in my sparkling water. Was going to have dark chocolate, but too full.

Now I’m fasting 16:8 or 17:7, so will save the chocolate for tomorrow. On plan 100% Eight years in a row. Food sober. Good stuff.

(Daisy) #15

I’m dead. I ate so much food. The only non-keto food I ate was sweet potato soufflé. My mom swapped half the sugar and brown sugar with keto friendly sweetener, but it was still massively non keto. And I ate A LOT of it, plus just a lot of food in general. But I’m heading into a multi day broth feast tomorrow and then another egg feast next week and I’m really looking forward to it! I’m over food for a while!!!

I survived Haloween … nothing.
I survived a brisket tailgate.
I survived anniversary dining
I survived Thanksgiving.

But I face planted into the brownie and chocolate fudge trays afterward. I’m just now finishing my last piece of fudge. That broke a 44-hour fast.

New one starts tomorrow with a bellyache to remind me why.

(Tracey Cimorelli) #17

Good job. I had a pile of plain turkey and asparagus. Yay!

Oh, I got stuffed, but it was all good. Unsurprising though, I recovered very quickly.

Go Keto! :muscle:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #19

I really tried to stay Keto but I didn’t stay under 20 carbs. I promised my self a feast and that I would only eat Keto foods and that I did. I might have gone over the carbs a bit with my husbands homemade eggnog( no sugar In It) , but I am still in ketosis :tada::yum: JUst checked.

(cheryl) #20

yup! Glad it’s over. I had some port stuffing that had carbs in it and also some apple pie. Back to my regular plan tomorrow… I actually kind of feel like poop and will be glad to get back full on keto tomorrow.