I really need help. Sudden heart pain šŸ˜”

(Keto Koala šŸØ) #1

Hi guys. Itā€™s been forever since I posted a topic as I only do if I need help immensly. Ok so I started keto in January. Was doing amazing. Then 5 months in, started drinking a lot of vodka. Got addicted and then suddenly ate junkā€¦and then kept going on and off. I had an ulcer scare. And I started to eat more but little bits. Keto. Then the other night, I had an entire pizza. I felt awful. But no pain. Then 12 hours ago. My heart started racing and a dull ache and a tingle and ache up my left arm. Itā€™s not sharp painsā€¦ But this has never happened to me before. Iā€™m very frightened. I HATE hospital and am trying to avoid itā€¦ I have a phobia.:pensive:. So Iā€™m hoping this goes away by itself. I need suggestions on what to eat?? Is high fat foods bad if you have heart pains?? What the heā€™ll do I do and eat?? I really need advice. :pensive:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Smarten up. Go to a doctor. Donā€™t ask this question on an Internet forum.

Iā€™m the first one to say we donā€™t need Doctors most of the time and ignore problems if I think theyā€™ll self correct, including what could be scary for some people as long as we have some context to put it in. But racing heart, dull pain AND tingle down the arm??? Even Iā€™d get looked at for that! Itā€™s most likely nothing, a LOT of things can do weird things like that but sometimes youā€™re better off covering your bases! Youā€™re most likely fine going to an urgent care or something, no need for an ER or anything since youā€™re fine now but at least get an opinion.

Didnā€™t you have Coronovirus some months ago? Go to the hospital now & make sure you tell them you are a recovered Coronavirus patient.

(Bob M) #5

They think covid 19 is biphasic, meaning you get it, get worse, get better, then some time later, you get worse again. Usually, itā€™s within a few months, though. The first 20 minutes or so of this is an update by an NYC doctor with 1,700+ covid interactions (where one patient might take up to 50 of those, on the very high end):

https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-645/

The doctor is Daniel Griffin, and itā€™s worthwhile to listen to him, as he treats so many patients. In this or the earlier podcast (which is how I listen), he discusses this. But many of his patients are biphasic, so he discusses this a lot.

If you did have covid, itā€™s known for causing what might be permanent damage to the heart or lungs. For instance, know of someone who has been told heā€™s had 20% loss of lung and heart function thatā€™s permanent, due to covid.

Regardless, Iā€™d go see a doctor.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Iā€™m going to chime in and vote for seeing your doctor. We are not doctors on this site. Well, there are a few doctors among us, but even they couldnā€™t make a proper diagnosis without examining you in person.

(Keto Koala šŸØ) #7

@ctviggen Yeah I heard that I found out I got it in April. Then it went away. Now Iā€™m getting symptoms again. But Iā€™ve had the all clear. Iā€™ve never had heart problems in my lifeā€¦ever. so this is newā€¦ But no pain right now. But constant cough and sore throat. I already had weak lungs from hospital complications in 2010 so yeah. Itā€™s a horrid virus. :scream:

(Bob M) #8

Iā€™ve listened to a bunch of those podcasts.

If this is a covid relapse (and it could be something else):

• You can take NSAIDs (like tylenol, advil, etc.). They say these help. The initial scare over these turned out to be false.

• You MIGHT benefit from steroids. The doctor said he has given steroids to a few of his ā€œlong haulā€ patients, and several of them were helped. No actual randomized controlled trials though.

Iā€™d probably still see a doctor, just to ensure itā€™s not something else and also to get retested for covid.

If it IS covid, I would be interested to know. For the previous podcast, the doctor said he had a patient who got sick (enough to be in the hospital), got well, gave blood plasma, and is now sick and covid positive again. The doctor did not know whether this was a second sickness emanating from the first covid sickness, or a second (different) covid sickness.

(Keto Koala šŸØ) #9

@ctviggen Iā€™ve heard that can happen. I woke up with fever. But never had heart pain when I had it for sure. This is hard for me. I donā€™t usually post topics. Itā€™s been months. I hate having DR phobia. Itā€™s so annoying. But thanks for the info. :grinning:

(Bunny) #10

Sounds like gallstones pushing on your phrenic nerve?

I had those too at one time made me think I was having a heart attackā€¦lol

I did one of those gallbladder flushes with extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and Epsom saltā€¦ and they came flying outā€¦lol

Footnotes:

[1] RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE ā€œā€¦When your gallbladder is inflamed and swollen, it irritates your phrenic nerve. Your phrenic nerve stretches from the abdomen, through the chest, and into your neck. Each time you eat a fatty meal, it aggravates the nerve and causes referred pain in your RIGHT shoulder blade? ā€¦ā€ ā€¦More

[2] LEFT SIDE SHOULDER BLADE ā€œā€¦Gallstones are small, hard deposits that slowly form in the gallbladder, a sac-like organ that lies under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. They are usually composed of bile fluid, which is produced by the liver to aid in the digestion of fat, and cholesterol.

In some cases, patients experience symptoms of gallstones without the appearance of the stones; this condition is known as acalculous gallbladder disease.

Symptoms

The most common symptom is pain, called biliary colic , which occurs in the upper abdomen, near the rib cage.

* This kind of gallbladder attack is sometimes accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
* The attacks may be triggered by large or fatty meals, often waking patients up during the night.
* They may occur frequently, but not more than once a week.

The symptoms of acute cholecystitis (gallbladder inflammation) are similar to biliary colic but more painful and longer lasting. They include:

* Pain in the upper right or mid abdomen that is severe and constant. It may last for days. Pain frequently increases when drawing a breath.
* Pain may also radiate to the back or occur under the shoulder blades, behind the breastbone or on the LEFT side.
* About a third of patients have fever and chills.
* Nausea and vomiting may occur. ā€¦ā€ ā€¦More

I am so sorry B! I hope you are now feeling better! Clean up that drinking and clean up woofing down pizza :slight_smile: You were on plan well before and doing so good, now it is time to make food and drink for your health and hold onto just that. Wishing you nothing but the best friend!! and if still feeling bad you should hit the Doc for sure!!

(Wendy) #12

My husband went to the er 10yrs ago thinking he was having a heart attack. Ended up with gallbladder surgery the following week. But to be safe go to an urgent care, or er. I am still paying for an er visit I had 2 yrs ago. But atleast they got me on the right track.