I need help changing my email address

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #1

When I change it on the pref. page it says that It’s sending a conformation e-mail, but I never get it. Can someone help.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Is your old address still active? The system might have sent the notification there.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3

It is still active for now, but there was no notification sent to that address either.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Welp, sounds like one for the dudes, then, sorry!

(matt ) #5

paging @richard

(Richard Morris) #6

on it thanks for the bat signal

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #7

Sooooo, it’s been some years since I’ve been here. I wanted to change my email address, but it’s not remaining changed, and I also never receive a confirmation email for the change. I no longer have access to the previous email address. Could use a lil bit o’ help.

Thanks bunches!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

We are at something of a disadvantage, here, since the system does not give us access to your e-mail address, for privacy reasons.

I’m not sure this will help, but on the screen where you change your e-mail, go down to the bottom and click on the option for “Log out all” in the “Recently Used Devices” section. Then log in again, and change your e-mail address. Be sure to click on the “Save Changes” button afterward. That really ought to do it, but if not, then we’ll have to see if Richard has time to fix it.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #9

Going to give that a shot and see if it fixes it.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #10

Nope, still didn’t work. :weary:

(icky) #11

Maybe clearing your cache? That seems to fix some weird bugs sometimes.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #12

That wouldn’t have been the issue initially as it had been a few years since I had even logged in.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #13

Should I just create a new account and delete my Legacy account? Because there doesn’t seem to be a solution for me to change the email address. I really don’t have access to the old one and so can’t even do anything that would require me to access it. 🫤

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

You’ve got a lot of posts. I’d prefer not to delete the account, because that will leave a lot of odd holes in conversations. Rather, I’d prefer to rename the account something like “Charmaine (old)” and lock it. Then you could start fresh but keep the same account name. How does that sound?

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #15

I can do that and create a new account. Thanks bunches!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

Okay, I’m going to lock the old account, now. Be advised that this will also have the effect of blocking your old e-mail address. I assume this is not going to be a problem, but it does need to be mentioned. :grin:

(Blyss) #17

Well, while I do wish that you had waited until I confirmed that I was able to create a new account before you locked the Legacy account, I’m finally here after getting some help from Carl. :sweat_smile: The second account is finally created with the email address of my preference. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Robin) #18

Hooray! Stuff like that drives me crazy.