I’m confused

(Eva Hui Townsend) #1

So I started keto about three weeks ago. I lost five pounds pretty quickly. Water weight I know, nevertheless, I was happy. Then I kind of stagnated there. I used those keto strips (I’m not invested enough to get anything more expensive plus I figured it would be a good starting spot). The past few days, I didn’t control my macros as strenusously as I had before (I’ve been really hungry) and lo and behold, when I stepped on the scale, I dropped another 5 pounds since weighing myself last week. I used the urine strips again and the color changed slightly but it is not as dark as it has been. I was always in the moderate range. So now, I’m not sure what is going on. Am I out of ketosis? Why did I drop the weight if I am? What do I do now? Keep going? Adjust my macros? I’m sorry that I have so many questions but this seems to be a knowledgeable group so I’m hoping to get some sort of answer. Thank you!!

(Allie) #2

There are masses of threads on this subject already and we always seem to say the same thing, which is, throw the pee sticks away as they’re useless when it comes to measuring levels. They only show one type of ketone, and only what is being wasted.

(TJ Borden) #3

I didn’t realize you were typing it each time. I figured it was some kind of auto text by now :joy:

(Allie) #4

Actually when I was typing it this time I was thinking of putting it in my signature for future use :joy:

(Eva Hui Townsend) #5

Yeah, sorry for the questions. I’m still new at this and making my way through. Probably should’ve posted in the newbies section.

(TJ Borden) #6

It’s not a category thing. The search function is awesome. What @Shortstuff was getting at, is if you search, you’ll see dozens of threads that have talked about this already. KCKO

(Allie) #7

Don’t worry. There’s a wealth of info available on these forums so always worth taking a couple of mins to search before posting as you’ll likely find the answers along with more helpful info.

(Jane Reed) #8

Weight loss does not progress on a steadily downward trajectory. It goes in fits and starts and does not necessarily occur because of something you ate yesterday.

(Candy Lind) #9

Does that mean you ate enough to get full instead of worrying about macros? If so - PERFECT. Keep doing that until you plateau for at least 2 weeks. Then you can tweak again. You’ve got to eat enough to unlock your fat stores. Let your body tell you what you need. If you feel good, GREAT. Keep it up! KCKO.