I had a bad Rosacea flare up on keto

I had a bad Rosacea flare up on keto/carnivore: I’m 55 days in; does anyone have any experience and/or remedies?

(Carl Keller) #2

Try this:

(John) #3

I had something like that too. Never had it before. Only one side of my face. Not the full “keto rash” but more like rosacea and some mild acne, which I was not expecting at my age (over 60). I also had a bout of night-time itching on my calves which seemed to be triggered by some very small bumps filled with a clear fluid.

What worked for me was increasing carb consumption for several weeks. I seem to do better with some carbs, so I need to make sure I get my salads, broccoli/cauli/cabbage/squash, berries, and yogurt on a regular basis.

This was based on Megan Ramos’ suggestion of “eat a cup of berries a day” recommendation, though I usually do a little less, and not every single day.

It was not enough carbs to derail my progress but seemed to address those issues.

I was already taking daily vitamin D and B complex supplements, so I added vitamin C just in case.

I am not sure if it was any of those changes, or some recent fasting, but it seems to have mostly cleared up now. Not quite 100%, but almost gone.

The leg itching was a short term (but very annoying) thing that cleared up over about a week with increased carbs, cortisone cream, dry brushing, and scrubbing with a washcloth in the shower daily.

(Bunny) #4

Here is post I made about this a while back, hope you feel better soon!