I guess I haven't been as keto as I thought

Wowzers! It’s $5.90usd here.

Interestingly, an ancient real foods sugar-free chewing gum is tree resin - I order Siberian cedar resin (raw turpentine) straight from the tree on Ebay, from a traditional producer in Lithuania (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-Chewing-Gum-Pure-Siberian-Cedar-Resin-Turpentine-10g-50g-100g-1kg/264256387096). It’s pricey with the shipping, but resin has various energizing qualities and nutritional components like minerals - rather artificial colors and flavors. Pine/cedar resin is great for clearing throat/chest congestion too. I don’t enjoy chewing it in hot weather though as it is warming - camphorous/eucalyptusy in taste. Also, when shipped in hot weather it arrives flat as a pancake (though still chews fine).

I only use it when I have a hankering for chewing during evening deskwork in winter or in a chilled room - just a few times a month. I think it’s much better than a nut snack and is satisfying in a strange way. When you’re done chewing it, it’s “pitch” - and if you chew & save a lot of it you can use it to seal baskets, boats, cabins etc :star_struck:

There’s also larch resin, and mastiha resin! Here are some 100% natural, mass-produced tree resin gums:

(Scott) #23

Well, it took 10 days to lose the seven pounds I put on over vacation and I am back to my pre-vacation low this morning. Cutting out the sugar free gum has without doubt broken my stall. The level of ketosis is very much different now based purely on taste alone (my only tester). For those that rely on artificial sweeteners you may want to cut them out for a while to test what they are doing to you.

(Susan) #24

Yes, I had a stall with them as well. I don’t use them making my fat bombs anymore (and haven’t been chewing my Pur gum) the only two things I was using them in.

Congrats for you for losing the 7 pounds you gained during your vacation and getting back on track!

(Scott) #25

Less than six pounds from goal now!:running_man::beer::tumbler_glass:

(Susan) #26

That is awesome! Almost there, you have done great.