I feel dirty

I just got back from the grocery store and after what I bought, I feel like I need to take a shower.

We have some non-keto guests visiting this week, and I thought I had enough stuff around the house for everyone to snack on… there are four jars of different kinds of nuts on my kitchen island, and a smaller jar filled with Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips. I had a variety of fruit there too, and some raw snacking-type green beans in the fridge. Tonight my hubby made a nice broccoli and ground beef casserole, but for some reason no one else ate it. There are of course cheese curds and many other types of cheese. But they were expecting the kind of food celebration they used to have when they visited us, and after a little discussion, I got the hint. They wanted me to make black bean and goat cheese enchiladas like I used to (not a keto version, I don’t have a keto version but would welcome any ideas). Other high carb meals were mentioned. And I remembered the kinds of things we used to have in the house when they visited. I could see they were clearly having carb addiction issues.

So I went shopping. And I could not even believe the things I put in my cart. Potato chips and dip, lime flavored Greek yogurt, bagels, English muffins, Poptarts, chocolate chip and M&M cookies from the bakery, a box of brownie mix, brown rice, tortillas, noodles, frozen pizzas… oh my gravy!

I told my kids, enjoy in moderation, because this is the only time you’re going to see these foods in our house for a long time. I don’t find them a temptation at all; I feel a little sick actually, so that alone is a victory I suppose. It’s a holiday. I don’t want to be the downer for everyone. But this is a new experience for me since going keto, having to provide for the carb addicted among us in my own home (because they aren’t my kids and I can’t force them to eat healthy ha!).

Just thought I’d share, because I was thinking about what all you would say if you could see my grocery cart tonight. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: