I don't want to start a war but

(tulsanurse1) #21

Wow this so beautifully explained!

(Todd Allen) #22

Thought your entire post was great, but especially liked the lines above.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

This is the part that blows my mind

(Ken) #24

Gotta have milk with Oreos. Itā€™s skim because during recompensation you avoid fats.

(Adam Kirby) #25

I know itā€™s disgusting lol.

(Ken) #26

Fun stuff. IMHO, Tofu, Slimey Okra, and dirty tasting beets are what are really disgusting. Oh, and Chitlins.

On thing, when I eat a pack or two of Oreos and down a quart of skin milk, I make sure I have nothing planned for the next couple of hours.

Truth is guys, I havenā€™t done this for several years, Iā€™m not training nearly as hard or often these days.

(Adam Kirby) #27

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything at all wrong with a macro flip once in a while, even if you donā€™t train hard. Iā€™m thinking Chinese food might be an enjoyable way to do it, full of starch and lean protein.

(Karen Parrott) #28

As a food addict in Recovery, I avoid the cookie aisle at the grocery. Reading about using jelly beans for Glucose tolerance test affected me for about a day or two but wise. I didnā€™t act on any of it but being around visual cues and reading recipes that donā€™t work for me can start to awaken the disease in my brain. Just thinking about the Glucose tolerance test affected me for about a day or two but wise. I didnā€™t act on any of it but being around visual cues and reading recipes that donā€™t work for me can start to awaken the disease in my brain

Iā€™ll be seven years food sober tomorrow, food sober living. Iā€™ve learned how to deal. For real. Itā€™s a thing

(Karen Parrott) #29

I might guess that the keto and low-carb groups are forming around different peoples genotype and phenotypeā€™s. Some of us will do better using a certain food template and youā€™ll see us gathering in our natural habitat so to speak. I think itā€™s normal but we should not fight each other and we should also respect our genetic differences. All my two cents

(Doug) #30

:clap: :star2::zap: Right on, Karen, so well done! Dealing with ourselves and lifestyle changes. Your posts are very good for me to read.

(Raj Seth) #31

:clap::clap::clap::clap: One day at a time!

I have several ā€œpeople of the triangleā€ as relatives and close friends. I have seen how difficult it can be. kudos for all who can stay sober for one day, and win the fight against having just one drink.