I can't "like" any posts!

(Marfi) #1

Apologies if this is in the wrong section (for some reason I couldn’t start a new topic in the"how to" section, so here I am.

I can’t seem to “like” any posts. I’ve attached a screen shot to show what I mean. It’s probably something really simple and I’m just a technological neanderthal.

I access the forum mainly on my mobile device… I’ve tried changing the view to the desktop view as well but that’s the same. On my desktop computer, the heart symbol below a post is visible so I can “like” posts there, but not on my phone.

(Marfi) #2

Ok so turns out some weird stuff happening between my mobile device and my desktop computer… it’s like I’m two different people. I wonder if I’ve been on the forum as a “guest” on my mobile device, but a member on my desktop? Anyway… all seems sorted now that I’ve logged out and back in again.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

From the user name on your original post in this thread, it appears you had accidentally slipped into anonymous mode, which is especially easy to do on a mobile device. Next time things look weird, log back in as yourself again! :bacon:

(TeiShino) #4

I have the same problem and I also access it thru my phone.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I haven’t noticed any such problem. Give us some time to do some checking and watch this space for the results.

P.S.—Do you get any kind of error message when you try liking a post?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

@TeiShino I made a change to your account. See if that helps, any.

Also, remember that there is a limit to the number of likes you can hand out on any given day, but you should get an error message to the effect that you’ve exceeded your limit.

I’ve been busy helping another user with a tricky problem. It will be a while before I can log off my desktop and log on using my phone to see what’s going on.

(TeiShino) #7

Just tried but not working :frowning:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

I sent you a private message with some suggestions. Look for the green badge next to your avatar at the top right of the screen, and click on it. The message will open up.