I can not sign into my account

(Juanita Rice) #1

I bought a new computer and no matter how I try I can’t sign into my Ketogenic Forums account on it. My current password and user ID doesn’t work. I tried resetting password and still no luck. I tried creating a new account and this website will not accept anything I try. Any suggestions?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

The only thought that comes to mind is that perhaps you are getting the password wrong, somehow. On a system like this one, where you don’t need to log in every time, it is easy for the password to blur in memory. It’s been so long since I’ve had to log on, I’m not entirely sure what my password is, myself.

You can go onto your profile page and have the system send you a password reset e-mail, and set the password to what you think it should be (as opposed to what it actually happens to be, lol!). That should solve the problem.

A word of advice: you might want to write down the “new” password, for future reference.

(Juanita Rice) #3

I am currently awaiting an e-mail to arrive " shortly " to reset my password. Apparently, I was using the wrong username. I found the right username but, I am still waiting for the e-mail so I can reset my password.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Be sure to check your spam filter for a message. I use Google Mail, which divides incoming mail into various categories, and the forum mail gets put in a non-obvious place.