I can feel myself losing motivation

(Adam Kirby) #39

If there isn’t some underlying medical reason then I say just cycle to regular keto or whatever. No reason to dogmatically stick to any one way of eating forever IMO.

(Erin Macfarland ) #40

@Keto6468 no chance of pregnancy, as my husband is “fixed” lol and I haven’t been sneaking around with the milk man :wink:

(Karen) #41

Mine fixed that too, but…surprise!!!

Happy surprise!

K

(Erin Macfarland ) #42

Omg don’t scare me, my kids just went back to school after being off for over two weeks for the holidays. No way am I giving up my freedom now ha ha!

As I think I mentioned, with zero, I don’t count anything, so I have no idea how much I’m eating–but it’s a lot more than I was with just very low carb. In fact, I stopped counting because when I started zero, I had enormous cravings for fat, and I added it to everything–buttered burgers and steaks. I knew I’d stop if I counted how many calories I was consuming, but when I weighed after a week, I’d actually lost a few pounds (although I was only trying to maintain).

I am not very active because I’m a ‘senior’ woman with mobility issues, but I haven’t experienced any loss of energy with zero eating. In fact, I had foot surgery last summer and feared gaining through inactivity, but I also knew I need to eat for healing. I ate to hunger, and healed faster than
my surgeon had predicted–and lost 2 lbs although I was in a wheelchair for a month.

(Erin Macfarland ) #44

Amazing!

(CharleyD) #46

It is winter these days… how’s your sunlight exposure?

(Jason Fletcher) #47

I would guess you may be missing vitamins.

This would be long enough for a deficiency to show up.

Do you take multi or any vitamins?

Possible iron overload?

Our bodies were not meant to zero carb
(Erin Macfarland ) #49

@Dipper_Actual I get out almost every day and use a Human Charger too which helps with circadian rhythms. I live in Colorado and we’ve had an unusually warm winter so I get in the sun when i can.

(Erin Macfarland ) #51

Thank you @PaulL!

(Sondra Rose) #56

Worth getting your D3 level tested. When I lived in Santa Fe, there were still many moms I worked with who lad Vitamin D deficiency.

Search in my blog for relevant posts.

(Erin Macfarland ) #57

I take 5000 IU daily plus vit k2, not sure if raising my levels would help?

(Lynne Hurley Perry) #58

Maybe your particular body needs some carbs? Maybe get some blood work to see if your levels on any specific nutrient are low?

(Sondra Rose) #61

Until you know your storage level by testing, you won’t know if your supplementation is working. It’s the 25(OH)D test.

I find it ridiculously easy.

(Felix) #72

I listened to the Keto Woman podcast that featured you a few weeks ago with great interest. I think that was you, yes? What role do the health concerns you talked about then play in what you’re experiencing now?

(Erin Macfarland ) #73

It was me @Felix! I so enjoyed recording that and sharing my story with this community. I have been having some lingering issues on keto that I have wanted to address, my cravings for keto sweets and snacks were getting to the point where I was feeling miserable because I was eating so many of them. My digestion wasn’t great and I have tried ZC over a year ago and knew of its potential to help mitigate these issues along with simplifying things. So I am trying to figure out if this is a good fit for me. I have to take into account my history and my mental health. It seems to be very beneficial but I do struggle with the idea of only eating meat indefinitely.

(Felix) #74

In that interview I was struck by your saying that keto was a mainline straight to your fat stores, what an amazing thing. But then they ran out. That changes the whole game, getting underweight.

I usually want to punch people who say this, but maybe some moderation? Any system that one doubts one can carry on (I did a bootcamp class that I knew I would quit as soon as possible, that was not going to work) is not sustainable. Vegetables have some amazing gifts to explore for health…

(Erin Macfarland ) #75

I didn’t know I had already triggered my eating disorder before starting keto. I was already quite thin so additional weight loss became very detrimental to my health. I tried to make it very clear in my interview that eating disorders are not intentional or something someone chooses. I had no idea what was happening at the time. Keto certainly didn’t cause my anorexia, but I had to go off of it twice to regain weight. I’m now at a healthy weight and working with my doctor (a low carb physician) to make sure I’m staying healthy. As for vegetables there are numerous studies showing no benefits to consuming them and they may even contribute to health issues, especially digestive ailments. I do feel better without them, though I do enjoy eating them. It’s the macadamia nuts and chocolate that are my kryptonite :grin:

(Felix) #76

I hear you on the treats question! I’ve had to quit cold turkey on salted nuts, and won’t start on fat bombs ever. I recognize the thin edge of the overeating wedge when I see it. (I don’t handle moderation at all well.)