I am HUNGRY

(Sandra Miramontes) #1

Hi! This is my third day on Ketogenic diet and I am very hungry between meals. Is it anything we can eat between meals to calm the hunger?

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

Eat bigger meals so you don’t need to snack between them.

What are you eating? Fat is very filling, and you shouldn’t be HUNGRY! Maybe a LITTLE snacky if that’s how you were pre-keto, almost guaranteed to be how you’re eating. Let us know and we’ll advise.

(Sandra Miramontes) #4

Hi! Well actually I would only that it specifically tell you how much to ate and is close to nothing, in my experience…

Are you left out hungry after meals???

(Lonnie Hedley) #5

No. I eat until full.

Huh? Extreme calorie restriction is not good for your metabolism.

Please elaborate on this, what is telling you to eat close to nothing? That’s not how this works.

(Sandra Miramontes) #7

The meal portions are very little and sometime out of what you cook, it says eat 1/3 of it!

Who exactly is telling you to eat small meals?

(Lisa marie t) #9

Fat bombs
Set up ur my keto to make sure ur age weight and such…gets u ur right calorie n macros intake.I’m on for example 1904 cal’s n as I lose more weight I’ll change it.if u have high fats low carbs.u shouldn’t be hungry but fat bombs help fill you up.pickles olives celery n dip

(Sarah Bruhn) #10

My take on it is don’t worry too much about it until you are fat adapted, you will suddenly just not feel hungry- it is so weird when i happens. But if you want to you can eat larger meals with more fat… try to keep it to 3 meals a day but if you need have a bullet proof coffee or a fat bomb (so you don’t raise insulin too much because at just doesn’t) titrate down your meals as the hunger disappears.

Ok, but you’re making your portions right? Why are your portions so small, and WHO is telling you to eat tiny amounts of food? This way of eating isn’t based solely on caloric restriction, more goes into it than that, you’re not giving us enough information to help you. Also, WHAT are you eating over the course of a day, literally give us a list of a days eating for you and again, WHAT is your information source? If you’re hungry and eating mini portions of food it’s certainly not here or a reliable source on keto.

(Tom) #12

Hang in there! Your doing great. As your body gets used to the adaptation to utilize ketones in the absence of carbs it will get easier. I’m not an avocado fan, but strangely they really seem to help (me) in extending the interval between feedings before I get really hungry.

(Adam Kirby) #13

Eat until you are full. Eat again when you’re hungry. It’s a lot simpler than some keto diet plans make it out to be.

I found that in the beginning it was easier to not worry about the amount I was eating and instead focus on what I was eating. When I was hungry, I ate. If I needed a snack, I ate raw nuts (mostly almonds) and cheese (baby bels). I probably over ate in the beginning, but not for very long. once I was fat adapted, it was easier, but that can take several days to a few weeks.

I started mornings off with eggs and bacon. It wasn’t until several months in that I started to realize that I didn’t need to eat in the morning until around 10 am (I work from home many days, so I can eat when I’m hungry). It’s a process. Think of the first few weeks as teaching yourself that it’s ok to eat and the stuff you’re eating is good.

(Mark Rhodes) #15

@Sarah_Bruhn really nails this. Third Day? My first month I ate all the fucking time. I ate fat, I ate lunch meat, salami I mayonaise (homemade). I ate with impunity and still lost fat. My fat loss slowed as did my need to eat so often.

(Frank) #16

We had the exact same progression in the beginning. Crazy same.

(Roy D Rushing Jr ) #17

For the first few weeks you should do everything you can to keep from getting hungry. While you’re still craving carbs that can be hard enough even without restricting your food intake, so I definitely would eat to satiety every meal. Just get to fat adaption and worry about the finer details then. One day you might want to reduce your calorie intake, but that day isn’t now when you’re dealing with carb withdrawal at the same time.

Boil a dozen eggs and fry a pack of bacon. Keep it in the fridge. After 4 boiled eggs I’m stuffed if in a binge mood!