I am getting dizzy

(traci simpson) #1

Anybody experienced dizziness? Early this morning before I got out of bed, I sat up and was extremely dizzy so I had to lay back down. Didn’t think anything of it. And then a few minutes ago after a dinner, I got dizzy again. Not sure what’s going on. Anybody experience dizziness?

Up your electrolytes.

(traci simpson) #3

How? Salt?

Yes, salt. And if need be a magnesium supplement.

(traci simpson) #5

I take mag nightly.

(MooBoom) #6

It might not be enough. I supp with pure powdered magnesium and potassium dissolved in water (with a pinch of Celtic sea salt thrown in) throughout the day, it’s easier for me to meet my electrolyte needs consistently that way.

You can get pure magnesium & potassium powders very cheaply from iHerb. Brand: NOW. It’s what I use- really struggled to find pure powders before I stumbled across NOW. options are limited in Australia though, you might have more choice where you live :blush:

(John) #7

Few times, yeah. Like weird, out of nowhere, dizzy in the morning before you get out of bed. Almost like you have a mild case of spins from being really drunk, which is usually a precursor to puking. But you didn’t drink anything.

I have had that a few times. Maybe 3 or 4, over 8 months. Not recently, but I do remember that it happened.

I agree with the electrolyte advice. Whenever I am having a bit of fatigue or headache (especially in the morning) I mix 1/2 tsp of Morton Lite salt (sodium and potassium) in a glass of water and drink it. Seems to help. I take a magnesium supplement most days, so that’s already covered.

(Carl Keller) #8

Light-headedness and cramps are things I experience when I slack on my sodium intake.

Lick a few grains of salt :slight_smile:

(Khara) #10

Monique, Are these the ones you use? Both citrate form? About how much do you estimate you take in a day? I typically use Brenda’s keto-aide recipe which uses liquid magnesium citrate and Lite Salt. She has warned about taking too much Lite Salt or too much potassium in general, so I limit to two servings of the keto-aide per day. I’m just curious about comparing what others are using to what I’m using.

(MooBoom) #11

Yep that’s exactly what I use! And my usage varies from a 1/4 tsp per day of each (low activity days) to a full tsp throughout the day (high activity days, or if I had cramping the night before).

(John) #12

Potassium Citrate is also good for preventing kidney stones, if you are prone to them. It is prescribed sometimes as “Urocit-K” which is basically that stuff in pill form.

(MooBoom) #13

That’s really helpful to know @JohnH, thank you!

(John) #14

Because it is actually a prescription drug (in pill form), that means there are well documented lists of side effects and interactions. Example here on WebMD:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16756/urocit-k-10-oral/details

Might be worth a read to make sure you aren’t taking too high of a dose and what other stuff it might interact with. JUST in case.

(traci simpson) #15

I have a powder that I take in the mornings.