Hungry late nights

(Sexy) #1

Hungry late night what should I eat?

A bigger dinner :woman_shrugging: Otherwise I’d keep some boiled eggs & sardines handy - if you’re truly hungry you’ll eat those & they at least have good nutrient profiles.

(Allie) #3

More food during the day.

(Carl Keller) #4

More fat and more protein will allow you to go longer between meals. Quality fuel yields quality mileage. Just don’t confuse hunger spawned out of the habit for legit hunger. Our bodies are quite adept at anticipating ‘snack time’ but you can break this habit. It took me several weeks to stop having a snack before bedtime when I first started.

(John) #5

Go to bed earlier.

Otherwise, if I am hungry later in the evening I have some decaf coffee with a little creamer (Califia Farms Better Half unsweetened is what I use, not cream).

('Jackie P') #6

Right or wrong, these days if I am ever hungry outside my eating window I have 2 (small) teaspoons of clotted cream. Can keep me full for hours and doesn’t keep me awake. But whatever, a knob of butter, a teaspoon of coconut oil, all good in my mind.

(Andrew Meyer) #7

I would agree with the other posters. First off it is probably more habit then actual hunger, you can try subduing the feeling with some high fat food of your choice.
The fat should help to satiate your craving, the other thing I would suggest is drink LOTS of water through the day and try to build a habit of eating within a defined feeding window.
I find it fairly easy to eat one primary meal a day with just very small snacks through the day.
A spoonful of peanut butter, a slice of cheese, coffee with cream (in the morning).