How trusting you will allow us to grow

(Stickin' with mammoth) #42

I thought the same thing! Ha, ha!

Carol, I would of thought by now Iā€™d of automatically bumped to Leader at this point. Is anyone leveling up past member - perhaps there is a system issue?

(Richard Morris) #44

We allow the system to manage trust because it does a pretty good job, which weā€™ve come to ā€¦ umm ā€¦ trust.

There are a lot of smaller targets that the system looks at that discourse doesnā€™t discuss in their documents, such as likes received on unique days, or from unique users. Iā€™m not sure why they are there but I assume itā€™s probably about stopping bots from running campaigns to game the trust system.

In your case it appears there are 2 factors preventing your progression, one is the number of times someone has liked your post since you were promoted to level 2, the other is the number of posts you have read since you were promoted.

(Richard Morris) split this topic #45

2 posts were split to a new topic: Amp-k activators and how they relate to blood glucose and insulin

(Mike W.) #46

Just curious if you can be ā€œdemotedā€ with cause or without? I thought I remembered posting in the admin lounge before, but now I canā€™t?

(Doug) #47

I think you can, Mike - Iā€™d think that not maintaining the ā€œvisited the forum at least 50 of the past 100 daysā€ thing for Level 3 would do it.

(Mike W.) #48

Is that 50 times each day? Lol Cause thats about where Iā€™m at.

(Doug) #49

Maybe gremlins are after you, thenā€¦?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #50

That happened to me a while ago. I didnā€™t even notice.

There are various criteria. For example, if you go a certain number of days without logging in, it counts against you, etc. (And, of course, you have to always use your powers for niceness. :grinning:) The good news is that itā€™s not too hard to get back to ā€œregularā€ status.

(Garry (Canada)) #51

Where is this option Richard?.. I have limited tolerance for ignorance.

(Running from stupidity) #52

There isnā€™t one. The Discourse devs have ban asked for it multiple times, but wonā€™t do it on the basis that itā€™s ā€œnot community mindedā€ or somesuch.

(Garry (Canada)) #53

@juice
Thanks. :+1:

(Michael Iafrato ) #54

Richard, Questionā€¦ For Leader you need to read 25% of topics, is that posted in the last month, year, or forever? Is there a way to know how far along you are in this stat? Also is there an easy way to catch up as the longer you go on the harder to get 25% will be.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #55

Allow me to answer on Richardā€™s behalf. I checked your statistics, and it appears that, although you have reached most of the all-time requirements for Trust Level 3 (regular), you need to visit more frequently, view more topics (and reply to a few), post more often, and give and receive more likesā€”all within the last 100-day period.