How to be on maintenance Keto and not lose feminine curves?

I’ve lost about 10 pounds on Keto starting from 120 to 110, and while it’s done wonders for my face fat, my already small chest and rear area have taken a sad hit as well.

I’ve taken up doing squats in hopes to have a butt again, but what can I eat to make sure I have some more fat padding? Should I eat more fat in general, more calories, while keeping protein at my macro limit?

I went on Keto to prevent diabetes and treat my IR, not to lose weight, so I’d be happy to get those 5-10 pounds back while still eating ketogenically.

(jilliangordona) #2

Your glutes are the biggest muscle in your body. Squat, squat, deadlift, squat!

(ketohealthclub) #3

You can gain weight on keto by adjusting your macros. It works in either direction!

(Erin Macfarland ) #4

I have the same response to keto as well, and they key is to indeed work on building muscle for shape but you need to be very careful about getting in enough fat and energy overall. If you have improved your IR try experimenting with a little more carbohydrate. It will keep your weight from going too low especially if you’re an active woman. I can eat a surprising amount of carbs and still stay in ketosis (and not from “safe” carbs like sweet potatoes or fruit…im talking peanut butter and dark chocolate!) if you’re monitoring your ketone blood levels it will help you find your threshold. Also if you can access a semi accurate body fat scale it will gauge your body composition to help you see if you’re adding muscle.