How quick to get back into Ketosis?

Hi did I read you drink soda? Was that a typo, if that’s the case, that’s why your not in ketosis, unless the soda is sweetened with artificial sweeteners, or you meant club soda😬.

(Chris W) #22

Welcome! this is an older post.
In the US soda can mean several different things, but yes most people refer to diet soda, but even those can effect you. I drink diet mountain dew pretty regularly my wife drinks diet Dr. Pepper since she started keto a month and a half ago, and has pretty high ketones based on a couple blood work ups for other problems. When I was hard core keto I did not drink soda, I am at maintenance level now, and yes its not ideal but not everyone drinks coffee or tea. I am mostly carnivore now(I have brussel sprouts or coleslaw now and again), my ketones are fairly low and have been for a around a year but I rarely intake carbs now past cheese. And when I do it does not effect me like it did when I was just starting or a few months in. I have found for me that Coke zero and Dew are OK but I cannot take diet Pepsi, and that does make me feel like I am on the insulin roller coaster, from what I remember it effected keto for me as well.