How long for depression to subside

(Stefan Thunder) #1

Hello!

My diagnosis is endogenous depression, meaning my depression doesn’t stem from life issues/problems, it just is. I find that to be the worst because when my depression would originate from say relations with other people, low confidence or job/school then that would be something I could work on and perhaps fix.

So far I’ve tried 7 different psych drugs and ECT to no avail. After that I stumbled across the carnivore diet which I have now started with. My question is how long did it take for you to notice improvement/remission with your depression?

For me I felt noticeably better after about 3-4 months (I’ve been committed to a better lifestyle since Nov 2021) but I’m combining keto with a lot of exercise and strength training so undoubtedly endorphins at work too.

If I stay this stable for a year or so I’ll talk to my GP about weaning anti-depressants.

Really hope this helps - my depression ‘just is’ too. I put it down to a chemical imbalance that keto helps resolve.

this is a toughie cause when I read up on it it says alot of past ‘smaller trauma’ that one does not equate to ‘big in your face life changing trauma’ can be factors and then they jump to genetics, chemical inbalances and more so???

my depression and anxiety was always called by an event so I can pinpoint my depression levels to terms cause I was not born with it or had it in me til ‘life issues’ took me down a big notch and I had to work thru it all. Never did meds ever so I am not you and you are you and key being…your answers here with what you are facing on ‘when did carnivore take this way’ will VARY so greatly that I can’t answer your question ever.

but my personal depression and anxiety are so well managed on carnivore and my change from what I faced on other eating plans was HUGE change to me but it was easily into the 6 mo. or 9 mo. eating this lifestyle that I could noticeably know for me big thinking and physical changes as I react to things were all changing to the benefit of great vs. older times on crappier eating so…

big mental clarity and brain fog lifting and ‘sense of true self’ can easily be experienced by many on our carnivore eating lifestyle but again, so darn personal ya know and it doesn’t ever happen fast, it is a body healing, hormone changing and body repair system that ‘might be you’ to show improvement to great standards but again, who you are is who you are so time commitment, all in is key to maybe find a better you :slight_smile:

again I don’t know your issues but longer the better can show so much but on meds? will also be a varying factor again but it is GO ALL IN and ALL IN STRONG CARNIVORE and don’t touch a darn carb literally from plants is when one can start to ‘learn about themselves’ but big issues mean big time on changes.

wishing you the best of the best and a great way forward all the time and hope if you GO ALL IN and tight and controlled some changes you feel day to day could benefit you to all the better!!!