How I met my wife

Some of you know I met my wife in college. Most don’t know it was when we sat beside each other on a plane flight that we first met. I fly a lot now but not so much then.

Ever the charmer, I used one of my “best” lines on her.

I asked, “Does Delta charge you extra for sitting next to a good-looking guy?”

“Yes,” she replied, “but I wasn’t willing to pay.”

I wasn’t giving up.

As we started to talk I told her she looked “like my first wife.” She had a quizzical expression and said “how many times have you been married?” To which I replied “none yet “

Six kids and 10 grandchildren later here we are.

(Susan) #2

Awww --that is very sweet. How many years have you been together now? My husband and I have been married for 30 years, have 5 kids, and only 2 grand children so far, but I hope to catch up to you later on as well.

Congratulations to you, I love to see such a lovely story like this, this is awesome. I wish you both many more happy years together =)).

If we make it to July it will be 45.

That’s the kinda crap I say… and you’re wife sounds awesome!

(Susan) #5

That is fabulous! Well I agree that your wife sounds awesome; but I think that you both seem to have a terrific sense of humour and fun and I love to see happy couples that have been together for such a long time, that is really heart warming.

(Robin) #6

Sweet.

(Marianne) #7

Dude, I LOVE this!!! ADORABLE! So clever and funny!!! I would have laughed out loud! Both of you have amazing whit! How many years ago was that? God bless! :laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:

weve been married 45 in Junky and I guess we met in the fall of 73.

seems like yesterday but it was before ATMs came to Atlanta, nobody i knew had a garage door opener and Watergate was in full swing

(Rebecca ) #9

It’s so good to hear about successful marriages!

(Bob M) #10

45 is impressive! Congratulations, and many more.

(Marianne) #11

You’ve experienced a lot together. :hugs:

Well we made 45. And 46 is only 7 months ahead. Fingers crossed.

(Laurie) #13

Yay!

(Robin) #14

YES! What a wonderful trip down memory lane with your original post. Happy for you both and thanks for sharing.