How can you delete your profile in this site?

Need to delete my profile in here how do I do so?

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #2

I donā€™t see a profile pic for you, did you figure out how to delete it?

Itā€™s under settings > account

(less is more, more or less) #3

I donā€™t see that were I was expecting to see it, according to this thread: https://meta.discourse.org/t/leaving-a-forum-deleting-your-own-account/10732/8

Jeff Atwood, discourse lead developers, say the admins can delete a user. A user may only delete herself if sheā€™s posted one or less times.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #4

I misread her post, I thought she said she wanted to delete her profile PIC

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

You need to ask an admin. Here are a few:

@Daisy @tdseest @devhammer @richard @carl

With a bit of luck one of them will wander by and help you out.

As far as I am aware, it gets a little tricky once someone has been in the community for a while. You can simply leave, I think we may be able to delete you but your posts will remain. It is a community forum and you cannot really just wipe out content unless you have only recently joined and only have a couple of comments logged. I will ask in the admin chat how best to ā€œdeleteā€ an account.

There is a delete button which I can hit on your account - is that what you want me to do? It will delete and block your IP.

(Running from stupidity) #7

However, theyā€™re supposed to be anonymised automatically upon deletion of a userā€™s account, according to the stuff I read on the Discourse forum a couple of weeks ago.

The comments? Yes quite possibly - that would make sense wouldnā€™t it if the member no longer existed in the group.

(Running from stupidity) #9

Yeah, itā€™s to preserve the flow of the thread while removing any connection to the deleted user.

I have a feeling that member accounts can also go grey like they do on Facebook. Iā€™m not entirely sure which option works with which type of exit. Either way deletion is possible should you want it @Mmfamily68. Please confirm here or message me and I will sort it.