How can I get into ketosis if my blood sugar goes up after a meal?

Balsamic and tomatoes will raise your blood sugar. I love tomatoes, but have ditched the red ones In favor of growing my own. I now pick them green and fry them in butter, and eat with bacon and eggs. They are delish!

(Wade) #22

I honestly dont know how to eat more fat than protein since so many of the sources of fat come from protein. But I just had a chunk of swiss cheese…I shredded it…and poured olive oil all over it…and at it like cereal in a small bowl with a spoon…blood sugar…95…not bad

(Wade) #23

yum!!! can you eat regular bacon and eggs on keto …or does it have to be organic to lose weight?

(less is more, more or less) #24

@Wade I highly recommend you read the FAQ Some very intelligent heads collaborated on that. It is time well spent.

Eat what your budget allows. Nothing I eat is organic, and I shop at Aldi. KETO doesn’t have to be for the wealthy :wink:

If you’re looking to drop blood sugar. Soak 4 tablespoons of Chia seeds in 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk overnight in the fridge. Stir, and eat. Add Vanilla extract if you need some flavor.

I have been a diabetic for years and that statement is the truth of it! Glucose is really non satiating, and is like herion as it dives the body to want more with out control. Part of becoming a fat burner using a LCHF or as it sounds you like me need a Keto 20 carb high fat diet to move from an unbalanced glucose burner. Part of that is not just net Carbs but moving away from trigger foods, and hidden sugars. Per Dr Bikman, protein up to around 3g per kilo of lean body only increases insulin response by 0.6 percent. So it is better to reduce salad addons and increase protein for the difference. You can follow this by knowing and testing you pre meal and post prandial (2 hour post meal) glucose reading. Since I have been doing Keto I only get s 20-30 mg increase whereas before it could be 50-125 on massive meds.

(Wade) #28

how do I eat high fat without eating high protein? Fat is in protein mostly…

(Allie) #29

There are many threads about this already on this forum, it’s often discussed.

Try this one -