House of Keto

Just received mine today. Can’t really tell you yet if I like it or not but it seems to be a good unit. I tried it as soon as I got it and my readings keep coming back as zero, but it’s very possible that I’m not in ketosis right now and I also read that this works better first thing in the morning after a slight fast.

I’m sure when I get a reading above 0.0 I’ll be thrilled with it! :smile:
Sue

OK, I love the meter … it says I’m in ketosis. :slight_smile: I was getting zero yesterday and all day today but just now I got a .02. The paperwork with it says .02 - .06 is moderate, so I’ll take it!
Sue

(AKK ) #5

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I’ll respond anyway, as I had the same question before I got my Keto breath monitor (from House of Keto). Mine just came a few days ago. I have been on Keto diet for over a month and am quite disciplined. The meter so far is only reading 0.0 which indicates no Ketosis. :confused: Today I noticed my urine is smelling like asparagus again - strong, which is one of the markers of Ketosis. Tested with Keto Breath monitor again. Still 0.0. Will keep going w/disciplined diet and test in a.m. My boyfriend just got a ketone blood monitor so when I see him this weekend we will geek out and test both ways, while readings measure different ketones, they should correlate. So for me, jury still’s out! Will post update with exact readings.

(Luvhandles) #6

I just got mine yesterday, so I tried it last night and it said .4

I had two drinks with white rum and probably a few too many cashews and today 0.0

I have been fasted most of the day and still 0 although my ketostix are showing .4

Interested to know how it works for you. Maybe I should have chucked out the dough and gotten the Ketonix…

(Michelle) #7

So is the monitor working ok or worth the money?

(Dan Dan) #8

It’s a cheap Breathalyzer

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Michelle) #9

I looked on Amazon and they updated the meter. It no longer works for ketones according to the reviews :disappointed:

(Dan Dan) #10

These ones work :smile:

you can pick them up at walmart.com or amazon

(Michelle) #11

That’s the one that no longer works.

(Dan Dan) #12

you make no sense I use mine several times a day :thinking:

(Dan Dan) #13

I just blew 6.6 PPM :smile:

(Michelle) #14

The Greenwon no longer works apparently which was the alcohol breathalyzer. The model was updated. I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. Does the one you bought work pretty well? The cheaper version of an actual ketone meter? The House of Keto one? These are my first posts here so I’m trying to learn the site. And how to look back. Ok you do have the breathalyzer not the ketossis meter. I’m sorry. I can’t get that version of the breathalyzer anymore. It changed

(Dan Dan) #15

Here is one from walmart same as what I have just rebranded :thinking:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LCD-Digital-Police-Breath-Alcohol-Tester-Analyzer-Detector-Breathalyzer-USA/382205551

(Dan Dan) #16

here is one for under $10 free shipping

https://www.walmart.com/ip/U-Kiss-Portable-Alcohol-Tester-With-LCD-Screen-Display-Digital-Alcohol-Detector-Alcohol-Breathalyzer-Analyzer-Car-Safety-Drive/837981754

(Michelle) #17

Thank you!

(AKK ) #18

I’ve tried it (HOK breath meter) multiple times daily for a week, including times where I’ve fasted all day. Always reads 0.0 = not Ketosis. I was at my partner’s this past weekend and he has a blood meter. I tested at .6 which is ketosis, but on the HOK breath meter still showed 0.0. While breath and blood measure differently, there ought to still be correlation. I’m going to return them.(I bought 2)

(Dan Dan) #19

I have 3 because I’m a klutz and they all work fine :smile:

(Becky) #20

Thanks for the link! Just ordered mine.

(Sue ) #21

okay i’vehad the breath monitor for a few weeks, and never nothing but 0.00? what’s the reviews on this

(Dan Dan) #22

I have 3 bought from 2 different sellers from walmart they work fine :grin:

I get best results when temp is above 60F and breathe in at count down 50 to 30 hold breath place lips over nozzle loosely and blow moderately like fogging a mirror at 0 :grin:

go to your bathroom mirror and practice if you can fog your mirror you got it :grin::+1: