House of Keto

(Sue ) #21

okay i’vehad the breath monitor for a few weeks, and never nothing but 0.00? what’s the reviews on this

(Dan Dan) #22

I have 3 bought from 2 different sellers from walmart they work fine :grin:

I get best results when temp is above 60F and breathe in at count down 50 to 30 hold breath place lips over nozzle loosely and blow moderately like fogging a mirror at 0 :grin:

go to your bathroom mirror and practice if you can fog your mirror you got it :grin::+1:

(Sue ) #23

I’ve tried umpteen ways, and still come sup 0, I am going to use the strip as well for a few days again and see what those results are

i have been keto for 4 months this time round and preiously keto for 18 months. I used ketostix before. some guy on a keto forum suggested the HOK breath analyiser was a good way to check ketone levels. I ordered one and it took a month to arrive. Ive been testing my breath and its been 0.00 for 2 days. I think this analyier is a load of crap and WOULD NOT RECCOMEND TO ANYONE! do not waste your money!! its a scam. Looking at the item that came in the post, the packaging is cheap as is the leaflet. They buy them bulk cheap for a $1 from a Chinese company put their logo on it, sell it at 300% and pass it of as a workable device. waste of $30. Opportunists! so pissed off with house of keto right now i will be asking for a refund and hope they pay me for my shipping costs. very dissapointed in this company.

(Lisa) #25

I bought one a few months ago. Never received it. They said they would look into it. Now they don’t reply to my emails. No refund. I should have invested in ketonix!

(Tania M) #26

I ordered from House of Keto on January 3, it arrived January 18 and would not power on. I sent them an email, they wanted video proof it didn’t work, then said they would send another one. Second monitor arrived February 23rd, and it too will not power on. Sent an email, they want me to send it back and they will refund , minus shipping and a 10% restocking fee. I am requesting full refund from paypal, and told them the company is a scam.

(Kimberly Valmera) #27

I’ve been using a house of Keto monitor since January… When I first got mine it kept registering 0.0. The key is to actually wrap your lips around the breathing end. I’ll leave the tip in but I still put my lips around the end and that is how I measure. Blowing just using the tip will not register anything. Maybe a flaw in their design? I’m not sure but as long as I actually do it the way I suggested I can catch a reading. Just wanted to pass that on.

(Tracy Garne) #28

Hi Lai,
Did you ever get a refund from HOK? They received my monitor that I shipped back to them last Wednesday (March 7) and my refund has not been issued on my credit card yet. Just wondering how long it takes. When I emailed them asking if I could return it, they got back to me right away, but I’ve asked twice about when my refund will be issued and they haven’t emailed me back yet. Let me know! Thank you!

Hi Tracy

Ok so update… over a month of emails back and forth. they refused to give me a refund and kept repeating 2 options. 1. That i return the kit at my own cost to them in Brooklyn usa ( i am uk) and they will check it and swnd me new one. 2. For a refund they insited i send them a video of my use of the machine to see if i am using it right and if it is indeed faulty. I can send it back and they will give me a refund.

When i took the video and sent it them they never respond to it. Kept stating their policy of me shiiping the item at my own cost. I use paypal so i was going to open a dispute to get my refund as they refused to send/ email me a returns label so that i do not have to pay 2 delivery costs for a faulty item. I found them extremely manipulative in the way they kept renewing the complaint via different emails and facebook messages so it looked like i had just raised one issue one time. Kept respoding eith same answers despite me doing what they said re video… All this being said. I decided to fast for 2 days and get very strict with carbs and water and electrolytes. Finally after a further 2 weeks of strict keto regime the device iw now showing i am in ketosis. So ut is a working device although not always a reliable way of measuring ketones. i will keep it as i prefer it to stix.

But i will Never recommend them as a company and will never buy anthing from them again. I always use paypal as they overide dispute refusals and often give refund despite company ignoring emails.
House of keto are rude and uncompromising and they dont stick to thier agreements. I wish you luck. Truly

Keep pushing them.

Keep hassling them as they should be honourable. If u had paid via paypa they would have automstically given you the refund.

Sent from the Yahoo Mail app. Get yours!

(Tracy Garne) #30

Hi Lai,
Thank you for your reply. They gave me the two options of sending a video to get a replacement or to just get a refund, so I decided to get a refund. It only cost me $2.86 to send it back using first class mail. I just wanted to get as much money back as I could. I might have to open up a dispute with PayPal if I don’t get my refund (I did pay with PayPal thank goodness) or if I don’t hear back from them. I’m glad to hear that’s a possible option. Maybe I can get a full refund minus the $2.86. I’m very frustrated too. I’ve seen others have problems with them too (after I purchased the monitor and it didn’t work). One lady said her reading said zero, but her boyfriend’s blood monitor said she was in ketosis. I will keep pushing them for sure! Thank you again!

(Peggy ELLIOTT) #31

I’m confused, the ketostix work fine to spot check. Wondering what the benefit is to the blood or breath analysis… Thanks

(Robert Ling) #32

I ordered in Sept 2017 and it is still being shipped from China. Complaint to them as well as paypal. Looks like a scam as they said item already shipped and some mixed up with the courier service.

(M White) #33

HOUSE OF KETO BREATH METER - BUYER BEWARE!

Bought the House of Keto breath meter. Tried for a month taking multiple breath tests, upwards of 50 times!

In never showed once that I was in keto. Bought a blood meter from another company that showed I was in ketosis. Tried to return the breath meter to House of Keto. They said a return was not necessary but that I should just take a video, proving the meter did not work.

Which I did. They then wrote back stating that I needed to send the unit back --even though it is defective they will not provide shipping. Lots of complaints have surfaced about this company. NOT A LEGIT product.

Horrific customer service that lies, makes absurd requirements, goes back on their word, does not provide shipping for defective products… THE WORST!

BUYER BEWARE! There needs to be a class action lawsuit brought against these scammers!

Please see my review on Pissed Consumer, add a comment if you can. Maybe we can get enough people to form a class action lawsuit. https://house-of-keto.pissedconsumer.com/house-of-keto-breath-meter-buyer-beware-201810081376224.html

Even if you did not use paypal you can still dispute the CC transaction thru your bank! Do not let these assholes get away with their SCAM.

UPDATE: Filed a formal complaint with Better Business Bureau of NY as well as filed for an investigation FBI Internet Fraud dept. I have also written their ISP and well as contacted the company they registered their domain name through.

While I don’t expect much to come of the latter I have already heard back from the BBB and the FBI. :slight_smile:

(M White) #34

Please see my review on Pissed Consumer, add a comment if you can. Maybe we can get enough people to form a class action lawsuit. https://house-of-keto.pissedconsumer.com/house-of-keto-breath-meter-buyer-beware-201810081376224.html

(M White) #35

(M White) #36

Please ALSO post your complaint on PISSED CONSUMER:

(M White) #37

House of Keto gives this address for returns. Anyone in NY area care to pay them a visit on our behalf?

House of Keto
1119 Lenox Rd,
Brooklyn, NY 11212

HOK

House of Keto is a big scam! They charged me, then sent the item to an incorrect address, THEN wouldn’t answer emails. They say they are in the US but give a Belize City, Belize company address on their website. When I finally got an email saying that it was returned to them for incorrect address, they said they would ship it out again for another $5 or if I wanted a refund they would charge me a “small restocking fee” and charge me a “shipping” fee… AFTER I had already paid a shipping fee to them for the first item that I never received. When I emailed this to them, they never returned the email. The thing is only $30 and I have still not been given a refund. SCAM!! Do not buy. Save up your money and buy Ketonix or get a blood ketone monitor.