Home Autophagy!?

Does anyone else find that they get motivated to declutter their home while on a fast?!

This was recently discussed on a Facebook group I’m in, I find the whole idea of ‘body’ and ‘home’ autophagy fascinating…

I wonder if anyone else experiences the same urge to declutter when fasting or in deep ketosis?

Maybe its something to do with having that boost in energy that fasting brings plus the extra time that the lack of food prep and eating offers?!

Anyone else noticed this correlation?

***Apologies to admin if I have posted this in the wrong category.

Personally, I feel empowered when I’m on a Keto high. My brain is laser focused and overall I move at a much quicker pace and on top of that I don’t tire. It’s crazy how much I get accomplished when I have high ketones! I do find I go out of my way to clean and straighten up more than usual when I’m feeling wonderful.

Yep me too!

Im thinking it’s like we have physiologically evolved to have more energy available when carbs are low, or scarce.

In temperate climates, during Autumn/winter it seems like we naturally hibernate and conserve energy, and those times are when we have more access to fruits and root vegetables.

Ketones seem to boost energy levels and during lean times this would give us the energy required. Is it a coincidence that we 'Spring’clean when food would have naturally been scarce?!

Just something I’m pondering… lol

(suzanna) #4

I noticed it when I quit smoking years ago too… more time and energy means more productivity at home!
As a professional organizer who tidies up for a living, my house has to be immaculate or I can’t relax! I do find I have a lot more energy and time for organizing my own house since starting this way of eating!

Speaking of hibernation, I find it pretty cool that bears don’t go into ketosis when they hibernate. They also filter 100ml of urine every day which then gets recycled back into the blood stream.

Thats interesting about bears, thanks!

(Kerri Hines) #7

Interesting! Since I’ve tightened up my ZC eating I’ve noticed even less hunger than was already very good for me. I naturally only want one meal a day and suddenly decided to clean my daughters entire room and closet out while she’s away right now including washing every piece of clothing to sort out donations and keeps! Ha! Now that you point this out, it absolutely coincided with the first day I experienced my lowest hunger and inadvertently fasted for just over 24 hours.

Edited because autocorrect hates me!

Yep I agree this way of eating frees up lots of time. Freedom from the Breakfast-Snack-Lunch-Snack-Dinner-Snack-Shopping-Cooking-and-Clear-Up-merry-go-round!! Lol

More than just a coincidence! I’m like a fiend decluttering cupboards that have needed doing for longer than I care to admit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Monterey West) #10

I definitely accomplish more! I have more time since i am no longer concerned with what I will be eating next and I definitely have more energy.

Yep me too. It’s very freeing.