Hi, new person kicking the tires

(James van Kessel) #14

@carl and @richard, Like Vega, since I joined directly without asking for an invite, what’s the best way to request the legacy tag? Go back to the FB group and get an invite (and then link it somehow to this account?) or asking a helpful mod :wink: I know you fixed this one manually, but does FB inviting to a existing account work to get the tag (to let you scale)?

(Richard Morris) #15

There is no Automated way. We can manually add them until end of Jan. Or on the end of Jan we’ll just add them to everyone who logged on by then.

We don’t have a use for the group yet. But we have archived all the good stuff from the FB group, so we may have a category here that only FB Legacy members can get into that has that info.

(johnaustin454) #16

I think it’s better to invite directly anyway. Less chance of negativity and trolling.

John

(thefeatherdustersllc) #17

Kicking the tires!

The forum has built-in ability to flag posts. If enough flags are given, the post goes bye bye. Manually inviting members is time consuming and not scalable to a large number of users.

(anonymous50) #19

Hi, I’m trying to patiently navigate… I’d love to know how to add an app to my phone to access the site without going through safari. I saw where someone explained it but it was confusing as hell! So glad to be here and off Facebook. Thank you to everyone who makes this happen!

(anonymous50) #20

Uh oh, I’m annonymous ?

(suzanna) #21

Figured out how to login and now no longer annonomous

(suzanna) #22

And I got one of those legacy badges too! Thanks Richard

The app is called Discourse. It is available for Apple and Android. When it asks for a forum you want to join, copy the entire address for KF :

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

The it will ask you to log in when you click through.

(suzanna) #24

Thank you!!

(patti murphy) #25

Well, this is my first post. can’t wait to get familiar with the forum

(patti murphy) #26

well dang, I had asked Daisy for an invite but then found it on a post and didn’t wait for Daisy. I am so impatient.

Just trying to upload a pic… let’s see if I got this

Yay! I did it! Thanks for helping me out @carolT

(Jay eidelberg) #29

I’m missing my patch. Look what happened when I kicked the tire``

I joined here today directly after reading the FB post about it being up and not needing to request via admin to join anymore. Don’t want to lose any rights or be limited to info in future. Is it possible to get the legacy tag/badge too? TIA. And Merry Christmas!!

(Richard Morris) #31

Hi Richard.
I’m a senior citizen and have sent a couple of posts/emails but they always come back too me with a message saying the email address was incorrect. I’ve tried to read all the how-tos and haven’t found anything that address my problem. As a newbie to the Keto diet, I just love the forums but I obviously have several questions about continuing the diet. Can you point me in the right direction ?
Thank you so much.

(Rob) #34

How are you accessing the forums? PC/Mac, iOS/Android?

The former is pretty straightforward. You posted this request perfectly! Are you trying to post via email? I haven’t done this. Sorry, but I think the DiscoBot has tutorials for this and other things.

The second is also easy - download the app from an App Store, sign in with your username/password and you will stay logged in.