Hi Everyone!

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #1

I just joined up here today and have only 4 weeks keto under my belt. I have been keeping my daily carb limit to 20g or fewer and have been reading, watching, asking and learning as much as I can about what this all means. On that note, BOY OH BOY is there a ton of information out there. Do’s, don’t, musts, must not’s, buy this, buy that… many folks contradicting each other. Everyday - something new. Choosing to ‘go keto’ for me isn’t a trial run, it’s something I plan to adopt long term and I look forward to it. For me, keto is not ONLY about weight loss, I am really interested in improving my overall heath - feeling better, thinking more clearly, etc. The weight loss will happen as a byproduct and of course and I know 4 weeks isn’t much of a time span to judge anything on, however, I’m already feeling (and seeing) good things happening so I’ll keep on it.

I’m here because I truly believe I can learn more from all of you.

:slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #2

Happens here, too, just not as often :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #3

Welcome! Don’t feel like you have to learn it all in the first few weeks. I think THIS POST is what every newbie should live by, at least at first. Keeping it simple is the best thing you can do while you’re learning the basics.

KCKO!

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #4

Well I’m sure that’s bound to happen. I guess it goes along with the adage that ‘what works for some, may not work for someone else’ and so on. I’m just trying to figure out if I’m going about it correctly and if I can change an aspect of my routine, or at least gain some knowledge about why this or that happens, then it’s all for the better imo :slightly_smiling_face:

(Running from stupidity) #5

Exactly.

(Amy Ramadan) #6

Welcome to the group!! I think you will really like it here, everyone is very supportive and helpful as well! Sounds like you are off to a great start!!

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #7

Yes! Just read it. Thank you for the direction. I appreciate that!
:slight_smile:

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #8

Thanks, yeah I think so…no blood meter yet, but I’ll order one this week. So far I’m just using the little pee strips. They may not be super accurate but they do tell me that I’m in ketosis and, like you wrote, that’s a good start.

(Running from stupidity) #9

The cheapo Breathalysers from eBay do basically the same thing, and have zero running costs once you’ve bought one for $10 or so. Highly recommended.

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #10

Really? I have heard mixed reviews on those. I will look into them again. Thank you. At the moment, I’m just using the pee strips and understand they aren’t the most accurate…but it’s what I have for now :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

A great resource is the FAQs. Every question you have will be answered. Also check this out.

http://pwop.com/download/TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf

Welcome!

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #12

Love it! Thank you!!

(Jennifer) #13

Welcome! Congrats on making such an awesome change in your life! I have found great recipes at dietdoctor.com. KCKO! :slight_smile:

(lynnae oxley-loupe) #14

I will check them out. Thank you!!!