Hey, so about fasting

fasting

I’m 2 months into keto and I’m still addicted to food, so I’ve been stalled for about a month and a half. Haha.
I know I need to IF or do an extended fast but I feel like I don’t have to will power to turn down food. What do y’all think I could/should do?
I’ve been reading “Never Binge Again” and trying delayed gratification but idk. It’s not really working.
I know it’s possible for me to fast all day but…here I am.

(Ron) #2

Now is not the time to be restricting any amount of calories. Until you are fat adapted you need to eat all your calorie requirements and if still hungry you need to add MORE fat. If you are doing keto right you should not have hunger cravings and feel satiated until your next feeding window.

I dont feel hungry, I just want to eat. I’ve been keto for 10 weeks.

(Ron) #4

There is a difference between hungry and satiety. Aside from a mental challenge, if you are satiated you probably wouldn’t have thoughts about food.

(Jay AM) #5

Ron already wrote my thoughts on it. If you are still wanting to eat a ton, make sure it’s in fat. When you get to the point where a meal sounds unappealing, you’ll have eaten fat to satiety. Try making fat bombs, adding extra fat with meals.

I get the wanting to eat thing! I do think for some people it’s more of a psychological thing rather than true hunger. If I’m feeling really bad like that I do eat a piece of cheese or a spoonful of coconut oil- as the others have said it’s hard to eat too much of that.
I’m a Newbie too; I came to keto having done ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) for a while, so although I was advised not to fast in the early days of keto, because I was used to it, I did carry on, although reduced the number of days. I’m not advising you to start fasting yet, but later when you’re fat adapted, I would say once you’ve done the first couple of fasts it does get easier, & knowing that you’re not going to eat I find easier in a lot of ways than the constant dilemma of feeling hungry/ is it real hunger/ I’ve eaten loads, can’t be really hungry etc. etc. on onFDs.
I found it helpful to know I’m not the only one without an off switch- check out gardengirlkp’s advice in the maintenance section: