Help with newbie Keto diet

(Roya Marley) #1

Hello everyone

My friend and I decided to go on a low carb diet last week and then we came across keto diet so decided to give it a go.

Our first week was a bit of practice trying to get carbs under 20g but I lost 8 pound and my friend lost a stone.

Each day we are eating under 20g of carbs high percentage of fat and lower percentage of protein (approx 5% carbs 60-70% fat 25_30 protien). We have introduced proper exercise back in this week but our muscle is fatigued so I don’t think we have reached ketosis? And we have come to a stand still weight loss wise .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

(Roya Marley) #2

I forgot to say we are also on approx 500 calorie deficit each day

(Cheryl Meyers) #3

Take a look in the Newbies catagory–lots of help in the posts there. Be sure you are keeping your salt and electrolytes up. Keep calm and keto on!

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/newbies/getting-started

Especially this one:

(Roya Marley) #4

Thank you. I will have a read. I have been told I should be carb cycling or I won’t lose weight, is this wrong?

Wrong. Carb cycling isn’t required to lose weight and most find it to have the opposite effect.

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #6

People who do well with carb cycling are the already lean who do heavy weight training to bulk. It won’t help with weight loss.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Not exercising is good for you, it has so many benefits. I love it so much that I don’t go to the gym seven days a week. My motto is, “No pain, no pain.”

But seriously, my weight loss has been nowhere near as fast as yours—I lost a stone in two months, rather than a week—but part of that is how long it took me to completely eliminate carbohydrate. I started out by eliminating sugar because I was addicted to it, and very quickly stopped refined grains as well. I started to feel so much better that I’ve now eliminated almost all carbs from my life.

Despite a few mistakes here and there—too much protein is one of them, bingeing on carbs a few times is another—I’ve been very happily losing weight with no effort other than what it takes to eat right. Stick with keto, it will do you lots of good.