Help me save my daughter

(Marta Loftfield) #41

Awesome Dawn, it is such a blessing that you can help your daughter never have the problems many of us have. Such a powerful tool for her.

(karen) #42

I have read through this and have one other suggestion. There is a lot of information on the web when you google sugar & acne. It ranges from junk science to infomercials to bio chemistry and a lot of it is not specifically pro-keto, but since this seems to be of particular interest to your daughter, I’m thinking maybe seeing the connection would be a bigger motivator than the deeper problems she can’t see.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/benefits/acne

(Edith) #43

Dairy can also be a big contributor to acne.

(Dawn) #44

I am back here 2 years after this post. I have been away from Keto for two full years and have gained over 70 pounds. My daughter is now begging me to allow her to go keto as well, even though she has done a great job maintaining her weight. She is now 16 and an active participate and we have decided to do this together. I am starting from scratch, but it’s my only choice. I have to regain my health.

(Laurie) #45

A mixed blessing, but still great! Good luck to you both.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #46

If your daughter starts eating a ketogenic diet, ignore the protein recommendations we normally give on these forums. She is growing, and needs all the protein she can get.