Help! Im a technophobe and I've wiped my account!

(13ec4342bc9980091819) #1

Can someone help me please. I have been posting under my full name Jacqueline Porter and I wanted to change it to something a little less formal. unfortunately I seem to have wiped my account out and now my details are just a bunch of letters and numbers!

(Carl Keller) #2

Maybe @PaulL can help you out.

(Running from stupidity) #3

It’s already deleted, learn to read :slight_smile:

(MooBoom) #4

I think you may have accidentally set your account to private/anonymous? Check your settings :blush:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

You are in anonymous mode. Click on the “J” icon at the top right of your screen, and log out. If all goes well, you will return to your main account. If not, simply log in again as Jacqueline Porter, and you’ll be fine.

(13ec4342bc9980091819) #6

Aww gawd! I was enjoying it here too! Haha! Have messaged PaulL.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

My reply is right above, in case you haven’t seen it. I did check, and Jacqueline Porter is still a valid account.

(13ec4342bc9980091819) #8

Yes thanks - im just trying to sort it!

(Carl Keller) #9

Don’t make me sweep the leg sir. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #10

Spot on. It’s a weird thing when it happens.

('Jackie P') #11

Hey I think Im back!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

For everyone’s reference—this is an easy situation to get into. When you click on your avatar (the picture you uploaded or the letter avatar assigned by the system), there is an icon that shows up, which looks something like a spy. That puts you in anonymous mode. (I assume it’s for discussing really personal issues.) To get out of anonymous mode, you click on the avatar and select “Log Out,” as described above.

Don’t panic, and know where your towel is at all times. :grin:

('Jackie P') #13

Thanks guys xxx😊! Usually only my mum calls me Jacqueline but I will just have to stick with it here!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

Go visit your profile. I believe you can change your username to suit. If not, send me a PM.

('Jackie P') #15

Well its not letting me change it, but I will live with it!:joy: thanks

(Running from stupidity) #16

Yeah, you only get to do that within the first couple of days. Also, changing it breaks any previous links to you and so on.

('Jackie P') #17

I Think I was hoping it would change my name across all my posts. No problems! Thank you again xx

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

It will change the name on all your posts, but not the username on quotations of your posts or instances when someone called you out (this sort of thing: @CrackerJax)