Help. Hair Loss and Receding Gums!

(Louis Valliere) #1

Topic says it all. I’ve been on Keto for three months. Before that, Paleo for a few months. I took two days off three weeks ago since I was worried my teeth were going to fall out. I’ve been back on it these last three weeks since my dentist gave me some reassurance they weren’t.

I’ve started balding as well during this dieting journey.

I think I’m missing some key nutrients or something. I plan on getting some hair vitamins. But I feel like I need to do something different.

Part of the issues that I’m eating to improve, is my adhd. Unfortunately, there are two symptoms of adhd the I deal with that make my dieting harder. They are: that I have a hard time thinking about things that aren’t in front of me and that I don’t want to cook complex meals or plan them. So I frequently don’t eat till full and eat the same meals over and over.

Thanks

(Ken) #2

Sounds like you’re on the right track about vitamins/minerals. If you’re not willing to start eating organs like liver, heart, and kidneys, I’d start taking a good vitamin and mineral supplement twice a day. Once symptoms diminish, cut back to once per day.

(TJ Borden) #3

Your other post you said three weeks… ??? There’s a big difference when it comes to adaptation.

It seems like most people report hair growth if anything. I haven’t noticed one way or the other, but have noticed fewer grays in my beard.

Do you have any logs you can share of what you’ve been eating?

(Candy Lind) #4

If you’re developing male-pattern baldness, that’s one thing. If you’re losing a lot of hair, it’s a common (temporary) thing to happen when you make this big a physiological change. It will grow back, better than before, from the accounts I hear. I can’t speak to the receding gums; maybe it was going to happen, anyway. Try using the search engine.

NOT GOOD. One thing that might help is having plenty of grab-&-go snack foods ready that can fill in for “normal” meal foods when you don’t get enough to keep you satiated. I actually LIKE to have a pile of snack food as a meal occasionally. Nuts, celery or ham with cream cheese, summer sausage (watch the carb count), hard cheese, fat bombs … all fair game.

Is this bad? It seems you think so. But if you like what you’re eating and you feel good, it’s no biggie. If you’re getting bored, then it’s time to do some weekend meal planning. You can get more variety and not have to do much to get ready when it’s time to eat, if you fix everything on the weekend. Then you can just heat-and-eat during the week. Do you think this might help?

There’s a lot on here about all the things keto help, & adhd is one of them. If you KCKO, I think you’ll see improvement soon. :+1:t2:

(Bunny) #5

This might help!

(Louis Valliere) #6

Thank you all for your support and suggestions! I got some Hair vitamins and I hope that helps. For now, I’ll KCKO and make sure I eat till im full!