Help a Newbie - Advice and Support

(Lisa Hansen) #21

Correct! So the 2300 is inherent in what I eat. I salt everything in addition. Goal is to be at least 50% over MFP. I was warned about this when I started. It feels really odd since I’d been avoiding salt for my BP, but I’m doing it. I take magnesium supplements at night. No potassium until I get doctor approval since it doesn’t play well with my BP meds. Hoping I can ditch those over time.

(mole person) #22

Great! I’m sorry for the double and triple check, but as you said it does seem really odd at first and some people end up really feeling sick for much longer than they should just because they can’t fathom how MUCH more salt is needed with this WOE.

Have you been on the nicotine gum for a while or is that new?

(Lisa Hansen) #24

I appreciate it! I asked for help and people with experience are reaching out. What could be better! I wasn’t doing everything quite right and every tweak is making me feel better and stay on track.

(Lisa Hansen) #25

Forever, to my great shame.

(Carl Keller) #26

Lots of doctors and nutritionist don’t support the idea that salt is bad for blood pressure. Dr. Fung has a video called “The salt scare” that you might find very interesting. Here’s an article with links to a study of 2600 people where:

Over the 16-year follow-up period, the researchers observed that the participants who consumed under 2,500 milligrams of sodium each day had higher blood pressure than those who consumed higher quantities of sodium.

Anyway, eating ketogenically should definitely help with your BP. A healthy diet and losing weightt are key to lowering BP.

Ah OK. I was thinking it might have been behind the diarrhoea as xylitol has that effect on me!

(Lisa Hansen) #28

Oh yeah!!:grimacing: