Heightened Sense of Taste?

(Brian Miller) #1

I’ve been eating Ketogenic since mid December and I recently noticed that I taste more individual flavors in a dish than before. Is this something that others have experience with?

(Mike W.) #2

Most definitely. Scents are more decipherable as well.

(Todd Allen) #3

To take it to the next level try fasting. When I am fasting I can taste food without even putting it in my mouth…

(Brian Miller) #4

I have done two 24hr, two 48 hour and a single 56ish hour fast which might have helped in the process.

(Jaidann) #5

This has been the case for me. I am oddly attracted to the taste of “base” food now. I’m not sure how else to word it? Like cabbage … I love to just eat it steamed with a pad of butter on it as opposed to “dressing” it up with a bunch of other things. It has greatly simplified my cooking.

(Jacquie) #6

I’ve been like this for quite a while, too. I love to cook and will still make some keto recipes that have many ingredients but I’m usually disappointed and go back to foods in their more natural state like a rib eye or tenderloin with steamed fresh cauliflower with garlic, butter and some freshly grated nutmeg. Oh, and the meat is blue rare. :slight_smile: