Heavy bleeding on ketosis

(Ankita) #1

When i had started keto i spotted drops it was for 3 weeks…after that i had my regular normal periods for one week after that i was facing really heavy bleeding with huge clots. I am scared please help me out. How many days i have to face heavy bleeding… Or i am going wrong with ketosis…any suggestions or experience .plz help me…how much long i have to face this.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

It’s quite common for women to lose, regain, have increased spotting etc all whilst adapting to Keto.

It’s normal. Your hormones are trying to regulate. Just leave them be.

(Candy Lind) #3

If you are bleeding all month, see an OB//GYN. You could become seriously anemic.

That said, I don’t think keto would cause that. It could cause irregular timing and changes in flow from spotty to big, but not constant bleeding. As @ava_ad0re said, your hormones have some adjusting to do. KCKO.

If you have PCOS or other reproductive issues, search the forums for your specific condition and you may find comfort from others with similar experience. My understanding is that ladies with PCOS are often helped by keto.

(Ankita) #4

Thnx alot

(Michelle) #5

Had you a normal period prior to keto? Had it just been a month since your previous or had it been months? I had lots of crazy bleeding ranging from spotting to “please don’t sneeze” but have finally settled into a more normal cycle after five months. But I agree - see an OB/GYN if you’ve been bleeding all month.

(Ankita) #6

No i had harmonal imbalance from 2009. I had go through with allopathy medicine , there i faced side effects of allopathy , i had menopause for 2 years. After that i had try ayurvedic and homeopathy . I started menses but it was not in a proper way ( sometimes get delay or it take too long to stop ). My ultrasound report doesn’t show pcos. Having symptoms like pcos ( facial hair , irregular periods) but don’t have cyst . After starting keto i faced the above mention problem.

(Blessed with butter ) #7

How old are you. Before I started keto I had 4 months of hemorrhagic bleeding. I was told by my obgyn that I had muscle tissue adhering to uterus. They told me I needed a 5000 dollar operation. I spoke to my sister about this she said the same thing happened to her when she stopped bleeding for good. Wait it out. I decided to wait it out. I started keto and bam it was gone. So I figured two things could have happened.
Either I was done bleeding and that was four months of the grand finale or that Keto changed me. I don’t know if this helps but maybe you can take something from it. I did not need that surgery. I am glad I waited I was in contact monthly with my doctor.

(Ankita) #8

26 year… so what should i do… Just wait

(Blessed with butter ) #9

Talk to your dr. I am 53. Keep us posted. We can learn a lot from you.

(Ankita) #10

Ok thank you. Will wait for few day as it getting lesser. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Michelle) #11

If you are getting the other symptoms of PCOS, I’d get a second opinion before ruling out PCOS. Regardless of the diagnosis, keto will absolutely help if not cure PCOS. PCOS sufferers often exhibit some symptoms but not others. I don’t have excess hair (I have a few on my chin but Nothing like I’ve seen in other PCOS ladies) but my ovaries both have a “ring of pearls” around them on ultrasound. Some PCOS ladies are thin. My past ob/gynecologists have told me “because you have PCOS, it will be hard to lose weight.” I believed this throughout most of my childbearing years. Now that I’m too old, I’m learning that it’s actually the opposite - PCOS is a metabolic condition caused by my diet. I have three children who are spaced very far apart, but I desperately wanted a large family of 4-5 children 1-2 years apart. I’m thankful for what I have but I feel like I was duped and cheated because my ob didn’t want to get real with me and tell me to change my diet.
Anyway, I’m ranting. If you have PCOS or sex hormone disorder of any sort, keto and reducing your body fat can only help. But as you’re getting used to keto and burning through fat quickly, your body may get a little crazy which means times of heavy bleeding and times of spotting. It is frustrating. Just be prepared, take a good vitamin (I take prenatal) with iron. Eat your red meat as iron is absorbed better by your body in the form of meat rather than veggies or supplement. And KCKO.

(Ankita) #12

Thank u so much for your suggestion :slightly_smiling_face: … I hope keto will improve my health condition and will cope up from all side effects which i am facing. Now my bleeding has also been reduced and discharge very few clots… having little bit weakness… I take multi vitamin tablets daily… and quit meat for few days as navratri ( 9 days worship of Goddess DURGA in Hindus) going on here in INDIA and will continue after this festival…:slight_smile::slight_smile::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

(Blessed with butter ) #13

How are you doing?

(Candy Lind) #14

Yes, @Ankita91 , how are you?

(Ankita) #16

I m F9 here … it has been Almost 3-2 days it had stopped… But having little bit of weakness :slight_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

(Ankita) #18

I m fine here… Almost 3-2 days it had stopped… But having little bit of weakness :slight_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

(Candy Lind) #19

Maybe you’ve gone anemic - If you like liver (chicken, calf, beef, whatever you can get) and/or spinach, load up on it in your diet for a while to see if it helps. At the very least, include red meat in each meal.

(Ankita) #20

Yes i will definitely do. I had started taken chicken and egg not daily but on alternate days