Heard something good today

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

My hairdresser had been asking about fasting and she has started doing IF as a result. Today when we were chatting she told me her doctor, at Kaiser, had told her to do Keto. She is vegan and I have tried to support her efforts to kick sugar to the curb. I was so shocked that her dr. had told her Keto was the only way she was going to see any body recomp, which is what she wants. She is in her 40s and is not overweight, just has too high body fat. She is prediabetic and her dr. told her this was how she would need to eat to reach her goals.

Gives me hope.

(Sophie) #2

It is hopeful to see the small things starting to happen! I saw this article this morning and was pleasantly surprised. It’s not perfect but a beginning and we have to start somewhere.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amid-obesity-epidemic-coke-shifts-health-focus-exercise-calories-172408470.html

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

You’re right. It still quotes someone about how a plant-based diet is the only diet shown to yadda yadda yadda, but as a whole it was remarkably enlightened about CICO. :bacon: